Experience with Fizz Internet

Hemnuel
Hemnuel Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Break Room

Hi guys,

I am just opening this chat to have some feedback from those who have had the fizz internet for a bit, did you experience some slow speed,connection breakage etc...?

Cause I am still wondering if I switch to fizz internet because it is a cable connection.

Thanks

Comments

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭

here everything has been fine for more than two years

• sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭

Hi

I've been using Fizz internet for almost three years now and I'm more than happy with their service. We are couples of people using our 30 mbps internet connection for gaming, streaming, and browsing, and we've found it to be more than suitable for our needs.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

Hi Hemnuel,

you can use the search tool in order to find posts on that topic.

• Motin Ullah
    Motin Ullah Posts: 1 ✭✭

My father has been using it for three years without any issues,

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @Hemnuel

@Derah I think that the suggestion to check the forum might be inaccurate or misleading. This is because the forum is primarily utilized for resolving issues, and very few individuals post to report that everything is functioning correctly. When @Hemnuel request for firsthand experience may not be entirely accurate either, as the forum is mostly visited by users seeking assistance or asking questions.

While it's possible to encounter some problems, the support team is available 24hr which is not the case with the majority of the others providers. @Hemnuel may already be aware that Fizz's support is entirely online, and the cable's quality and reliability are comparable to Videotron. The only difference is that Fizz manages the modem authentication.

For sure the cable connection compared to FTTH, have a slit higher ping, ~10 ms, and the wifi signal is not too strong, but you can use your own router in combination with the Fizz's modem.

If you decide to join Fizz, remember to use a referral code, and if you don't have one, you can pick one from here https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2198337/this-is-the-place-for-your-referral-codes-here-and-only-here

In case you are not aware, Fizz does not impose any minimum contract period, so you can terminate the service whenever you wish, and you will receive a prorated refund. Additionally, everything is included in the price.

• Derr

@Jessy_ref_i88b6 I agree with you but my suggestion was only in the optic of counter balancing what I suspect will be only good reviews by users here. The ones that have problems usually quit and don't comeback here.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

@Derr, On the other hand, those users who have no issues and are unwilling to participate in the forum are not present here. I believe that Hemnuel has already explored the forum and appears to be a user who is not solely focused on price, but is interested in acquiring information.

For example, consider your experience with a car dealer. If you were not required to go to the counter for regular maintenance but visited to see if others were reporting issues, you would likely not purchase the car.

I apologize for prolonging this and if you wish we can continue this discussion fell free opening a new post in the break room I will partecipate there, since I don't want to pollute this post any further.

• Derr

@Jessy_ref_i88b6 I mostly agree with you so, let's agree to agree!

Have a nice day ;)

• Lolimo360
    Lolimo360 Posts: 15 ✭✭

I'm also thinking about having wifi with fizz, thank you for the shared information

• Derr

Non problem

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,395 ✭✭

Hello @Hemnuel

I have the 30/10 mbs package in Quebec City. The speed is as advertised and the data is truly unlimited (upload and download). Also, I don't have to continually do reboots to maintain this speed. Another advantage of Fizz, when I subscribed, I had chosen the 5 mb package. A few weeks later, I got the 15 mbs for the same price and now I switched to the 30/10 mbs package for $4 less at $35/month. Just check Fizz's offers regularly because you can change plans at any time. Also, the wifi modem/router and the basic installation are free. So I am very satisfied with this package.

You may check the Fizz internet plans here: https://fizz.ca/en/internet

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

You will never know if you will not try it by yourself 😉 every experience/ case is different.

• Hemnuel
    Hemnuel Posts: 14 ✭✭

@Vasiok sure if you never try you will never know but having others experiences can help too. But thanks for the advice!

• Derr

let us know what you finally decide to do!

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

I mean, the reviews will always be mixed. It really depends of everyone's needs.

• NicMomo
    NicMomo Posts: 11 ✭✭

From what I have seen with my neighbour's internet, there are no interruptions, except when the account type was changed.

Keep in mind it uses Videotron's network, and it is reliable. Doing speed tests on speedtest.net, the speeds reach 100%-110% of the theoretical download speed. Same for upload.

• Telephono
    Telephono Posts: 35 ✭✭

Keep us updated!

• Derr

Yes I agree

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,580 ✭✭

That's good to know! Thank you for your feedback!

• Chickencoop
    Chickencoop Posts: 60 ✭✭

I was scared to move to a new building and move with my fizz subscription because depending on your neighbourhood the connection could be good or bad. However, I moved and it's a great connection. Can not complaint, just for a reference, I lived in st sacrement, quebec city, moved to vieux limolou, quebec city.

• Derr

Thanks for the info, this could help somebody to make a decision

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin

Hello @Hemnuel ,

Glad to hear that you are interested in our service!

As you can see yourself, we get positive feedback so that`s quite happy to hear that everyone is satisfied with our services. :D

Personally, I can recommend you to subscribe and if you are not satisfied with the service by any chance, you can just unsubscribe as you get a pro-rated refund back if you place the deactivation date before the new payment cycle starts, depending on how many days there are still left from the current cycle. ( in other words, if your plan gets deactivated and you have 15 days left from your cycle, you get a pro-rated refund for those 15 days left )

On a side note, as others stated, you can also set your own router if it`s stronger, via bridge mode with the Fizz one, following these details : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz

We thank you for your ongoing interest and wish you a good one :)

-Raul

This discussion has been closed.