Volte - Fizz support is terrible

martinc
martinc Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Phones

I opened a support ticket on Dec. 30th for an issue with a phone I purchased from Fizz that is showing as not compatible with Volte. I checked this morning and the ticket was closed. No contact, no resolution, 3 months later without any updates.

Is this normal for Fizz support? Please let me know as I am about to cancel all three of my plans.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,798 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @martinc ,

Thank you for being a member of the Fizz community and you have our sincerest apologies for the delay in resolving the situation. Indeed the situation was escaladed to our supervisors and the ticket is in progress at the moment.

Rest assured that the display from the Fizz account won't impact the phones compatibility. Every iPhone 12 and newer has enabled by default the VoLTE option on it. As long as the phone iOS is updated to day and the Carrier settings are at 50+, there won't be issues in using VoLTE, as long as you have a Fizz plan activated after March 16 2022. Currently only those plans were transferred to VoLTE. Our technicians work in transferring the ones activated before March 16 as well and once this is complete, we will inform all our members.

You can read more about VoLTE from this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-volte-important

Once the display from your account will be fixed, we will inform you via email. If you have any other questions in the meantime, you can contact us anytime.

I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a great day,

-Georgian

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @martinc

This happen to me too, sometime the ticked is closed without further information.

What problem do you have with your phone? When you activated your plan? Only the plans activated after March 16, 2022 are activated to use VoLTE

> If you became a mobile member BEFORE March 16, 2022. 

Calling will be possible again by spring 2023 when Fizz offers VoLTE on its own network. At that time, using a VoLTE certified phone updated with the latest software update and activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card will allow you to make calls when in the United States. 

> If you became a mobile member ON or AFTER March 16, 2022.

Your plan should already be activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card. If you are using a VoLTE-certified phone updated with the latest software update, calls and texts will work in the U.S. If it is not, you will only have access to your mobile data.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-do-some-calls-and-texts-when-us-not-work

I am not related with Fizz, but if your phone has VoLTE, it should be supported by Fizz, this is my personal opinion

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,312 ✭✭

Same here, sometimes they close your tickets and open another one and the process starts from scratch 🤦‍♂️.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,672 ✭✭

I don't think Fizz is selling a cell phone that's not compatible flip if you priced your advent package on March 16, 2022 you have to wait for Fizz to activate flip for old subscribers for the flip in the spring

• Jess_i88b6

@martinc

If you activated your plan on or after March 16, 2022, try this

1. Open Settings
    2. Tap Connections
    3. Select Mobile Networks
    4. Look for VoLTE

You can also try to make a call

• Disable the WiFi on the phone
    • On the top status bar you should have LTE
    • Make a phone call, and check your top status bar, some phone reports VoLTE, some other stay on LTE,
    • If LTE disappear and you have 3G or anything other than LTE, you don't have access to VoLTE
  • Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited March 2023

@martinc

what is the cell plone model

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1

I think @martinc is more complaining on the attitude of the customer service than on the phone.

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

Yep, they do that often

• Vasiok

And yes, they have many, many issues with VoLTE.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited March 2023

@Andrei_ref_R7VK1

You are right the point was about the service. But it seems to me, that he want to be sure that the VoLTE works too.

I got a problem, my plan was stuck in activation for more than 2 months, I was not able to use my referral code :( If support is a priority for a user, I think there are other providers with better support when your problem is escalated to upper level.

For me is a good compromise, at the moment

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1

Agree, key words are "at the moment" 🤣

• martinc
    martinc Posts: 4 ✭✭

iPhone 12 bought from Fizz as a xmas present for my wife who was had an XR. Fizz website / Phones show "VoLTE certified No" for the phone. My two other plans received new SIM cards to enable VoLTE compatibility, ironically one is an older iPhone 11. No updates for this one, no news from support for over 3 months. I specifically bought the phone from Fizz to avoid future issues. Support has gotten back to me and said they are escalating to management. Let's see if that actually does anything.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited March 2023

Hi @martinc

Here they wrote that they are certified https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices#3

Regarding the SIM card, this is enabled only if your plan was activated after the March 15, 2022, all the plan created before the March 16, 2022, they should be migrated to VoLTE in the following month (They wrote in spring). Therefore, in a couple of weeks or a couple of months

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    ALL IPHONE 7 TO PLUS AND PLUS ON LA VOLTE

• Vasiok

the thing is, many people just don't have those options, even if they have a certified VoLTE phone and sim card

This discussion has been closed.