Does anybody have VOLTE working on a phone that is NOT certified?

Options
Kyle C. #853
Kyle C. #853 Posts: 86 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

I am curious if non-certified devices will be blocked OR if it's just not guaranteed to work.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices#3

Somebody I know on Fizz has a Huawei P30 Pro. It is certified on videotron (and fizz were selling them used when phone sales first started).

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Kyle C. #853,

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    Please note that all phones released after 2018 should work properly with VoLTE, even if they are currently on our list with certificated models. 
    They just need to have the latest software update. You can anytime verify on Google for your certain phone modem to verify if it supports VoLTE and if yes, what software update it needs.
    In case you have any other questions, you can directly contact us at any hour from this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support

I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian 

Answers

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

What do you mean by non certified? Phones that are not on the Fizz VoLTE list? If yes, then the phone will work, but only on 3G, not on VoLTE.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Kyle C. #853

I cannot validate it, but I believe that all the phone following the requirement will work. It is the same idea of compatible phone with Fizz network, however, VoLTE is more complicated, and the easy way it is to say that the phone must be on a specific list. I also believe that Fizz will not test physically the phone, instead, they will monitor the network, and the system will signal the phone A which will not have the specific option, etc

Moreover, think, I am coming from oversea in Canada or US with a VoLTE phone, using a French mobile operator, I will not be able to use the phone ? I don't think so.

In couples of months will we be able to see :D

• picpoper
    picpoper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

Only 3G from my understanding.

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz is special. Lets see their magic way of doing lists of compatible phones.

• EricPD
    EricPD Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Options

I just bought and activated an Easyfone Prime-A6 4G for a friend. It's a very basic phone supporting VoLTE. As soon as I turned it on after inserting the SIM card, it was written "VoLTE" next to signal strength bars. Works like a charm.

So, I guess any VoLTE phone will work with Fizz, but Fizz probably won't investigates VoLTE issues if the phone is not on their certified list.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

I have the oukitel wp21 monster which is not certified by Fizz cell chinois

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Options

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Vasiok oui 17 go de Ram ..256 stockage batterie 9800mah écran 6.8 pousse changeur 66w . charge inversée 320$ tout inclus en grosse promo la journée de sortie 24 novembre pour les 1500 premier va voir sur yootube oukitel wp21 vs iphone 14 sa la l'autonomie de 3 iphone 14 et plus

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Options

@Vasiok

Pas un iphone et Samsung a 2000$ fait 16 heure avec 12heure de yootube dans une journée pi qui reste 40% de batterie

• papas
    papas Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Options

@sebastienh c'est good sa merci

• Vasiok
    Options
  • Vasiok
    Options

Oui, tu as entièrement raison! Par contre, est-ce que le téléphone est lourde, avec une batterie comme ça?

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Kyle C. #853

My spouse has a LG K61 with Videotron. It works VoLTE with Videotron but it's not in Fizz's VoLTE compatible phones. Pretty sure it will also work VoLTE with Fizz. But Fizz needs to first enable VoLTE for old users ( Old users are those with Fizz before March 16, 2022)

• Vasiok
    Options

By curiosity, you didn't try to switch sim to see the result?

This discussion has been closed.