But Dell has a better price, check Dell XPS on dell.ca

Answers

• Dragonboat
    Dragonboat Posts: 98 ✭✭

Not too expensive!

Price/quality

• GFra
    GFra Posts: 4 ✭✭

It really depends how you want to use the laptop. Are you planning on gaming? Then you need to consider the price of laptops with graphic cards. How important is the quality of the build? Some cheaper laptops have amazing specs for the price, but break easily. What about monitor quality? I.e. If you plan on using your laptop for colour-sensitive work, like photo editing, you'll need something with a higher quality monitor, ideally. Ditto, if you do a lot of data entry, a numpad can be really helpful. etc etc etc. The laptop prices depend on your uses, really!

• GFra
    GFra Posts: 4 ✭✭

In general though, you may get a lot of mileage out of online communities like Build A PC Sales Canada on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanada/

They usually also have listings and commentary on current laptop deals and specs!

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,395 ✭✭

If you can live with android apps only, you may buy a simple chromebook.

• RexNewton
    RexNewton Posts: 24 ✭✭

Personally, I use a MacBook air! I like it a lot because the battery can last a long time compared to other brands. Also, you can see your messages since you have Imessage on it :)

• Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 494 ✭✭

PC: Lenovo/ThinkPad

Mac: MacBook Air (M1/M2)

• MoYe
    MoYe Posts: 655 ✭✭

i like dell

• shoush123
    shoush123 Posts: 16 ✭✭

depends what you need? if just web browsing, chromebook are pretty nice , but if you need for school new macbook air is pretty worth it with new M2 chips

• The Macbook Air (M1/M2) having no fan (so no mechanical parts, no dust, etc.), they are going to have phenomenal lifetime - in addition to being quiet, stylish and hyper-powerful.

I suggest the MBA m2 with 10 CPU cores and 8 GPU, as the CPU is more often the bottleneck, while adding more GPU creates an unnecessary source of heat.

• Vincent C. #1748
    Vincent C. #1748 Posts: 34 ✭✭

Yup I agree with the others XPS are usually high quality PC, but it would best to know your needs

• Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭

Never EVER buy a Dell Laptop, they are very bad.

• SquikyBird
    SquikyBird Posts: 1,614 ✭✭

Macbook. You can find used one for a good price.

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭

You put 0 requirements in your question. There's no such thing as better if there are no requirements to meet. It's like asking what's the best car. There's not one answer because it depends what you value. Please put some more effort into your questions if you want a proper discussion.

• EtienneB
    EtienneB Posts: 217 ✭✭

Voici quelques critères à considérer lors de l’achat d’un ordinateur portable :

• Processeur : Si vous avez besoin d’une performance élevée pour des tâches telles que la retouche photo, le montage vidéo ou le jeu, vous devriez opter pour un processeur haut de gamme, comme un Intel Core i7 ou i9 ou un AMD Ryzen 7 ou 9.
    • Mémoire vive (RAM) : La mémoire vive est importante pour les tâches qui nécessitent beaucoup de mémoire, comme les jeux et le multitâche. Il est recommandé d’avoir au moins 8 Go de RAM, mais 16 Go ou plus ser

• Roxinie
    Roxinie Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

I really like my lenovo think pad , purshashed a preowned, it's perfect for my needs and price worty, best buy has a lot of refurbished options that come with a garantie, so it really worth considering the option to save $ and I a good price/quality ratio. Mine really didn't have anything major except the battery life, which I can purchase new for 40$.

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭

for browsing is enough a chrome. to edit video you probably need apple i9 or more. for fb an i3/8G/15'' is enough. search on ebay. so many amazing options.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

Mac: MacBook Air

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

So, did you bought your laptop?

Which one did you choose?

• Davo47
    Davo47 Posts: 24 ✭✭

I like Asus laptops too

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭

depends how much money you want to spend. and for what.

from ebay i bought all my best ones. take a look.

• at Costco we have very good discounts sometimes

• Miltiad
    Miltiad Posts: 24 ✭✭

I would go with a Macbook air

• Davo47
    Davo47 Posts: 24 ✭✭

Acer can be a reliable laptop

• Michael P. 8945
    Michael P. 8945 Posts: 37 ✭✭

I second Costco as well...

Bought our daughter's laptop there .. just a matter of watching for the sales ..

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,531 ✭✭

Are you confident with any OS? What's your budget? What do you need it for? How long do you want it to last?

• neverwinter
    neverwinter Posts: 1,943 ✭✭

Lenovo are not bad

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

Really? Not sure about that

• Faelirya
    Faelirya Posts: 425 ✭✭

Well it depends on what you need it to do

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

I agree with you