Wifi unreliable

denizaur
denizaur Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, how can I check the history of the status of my wifi connection, some log or something? I had a technician out that said that the LAN connection is strong and good, but the wifi drops often, I am told by my guest currently there. I had the coda modem/router replaced last week and I have not seen any loss of wifi, whereas before I did, but he still says it drops.

I have no way to check any logs to see IF and how serious this issue is, because the modem/router does not provide any insight for me into the wifi uptime, as far as I know. I can't even confirm if this is the case.

Can you share with me any insight? Again, I am not having any issue with the incoming connection from you, but with the wifi from the modem/router.

I need the data, please, before I make a decision. Thanks.

Best Answers

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would need a device like a laptop to gather this data with a software like https://netuptimemonitor.com/

It will monitor if you're connectable at a predefined interval.

There's no way anyone else can get this data for you, as it's local inside your own network.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,798 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello denizaur,
    I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues with your internet connection,
    There is no way for you to see more details on the signals you are receiving from your side or by logging into the modem interface.
    The details you are looking for are available to us within our tools. So, we are using another app that interprets the signals and send us a report every 2 hours.
    If you want to see more details, you can use some other software that can do pretty much the same. 
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

Answers

• denizaur
    denizaur Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Ok, thanks, that's good to know.

However can't do that, this is a microscopic studio, I'd end up pretty quickly with a server room look and feel. I was just thinking that using the CODA modem/router combo maybe it would have some logs somewhere for me to check, but no?

I mean... I understand fizz controls the modem, and they have access to the outside wan of information, but whose business the lan is? Do they have info about the health of the signal served by their router inside of the home?

If is my job, then what are my tools?... I could put another router, but again, it's such a tiny space its ridiculous...