Modem Alarm

Jamogo
Jamogo Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Internet

Hello, our modem has an alarm that beeps loudly when the power is off. Is there any way to turn this off? The modem is in n my bedroom so the alarm is quite disruptive, especially when we lose power at night :(

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Jamogo ,

I hope this message finds you well.

As the other community members mentioned, the Fizz modem does not have any technical reason to start beeping when there is an outage, so there might be some other equipment that does this, or if the modem is indeed beeping, there may be something wrong with it. If you verified that the Fizz modem is indeed making that sound, you can always reach back to our customer service with some videos, to get familiar with the situation and we will gladly help you out. Here is an FAQ you can use to Contact Us.

Have a good one!

-Sergiu

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭

Hi @Jamogo

This is the first time that I read this, I never heard any beep

Do you have an UPS ? Probably is that

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

The CODA4680 FIZZ modem does not have any power backup integrated. If there is something beeping, then it is something unrelated to the Fizz modem. Like mentioned above - possibly a UPS or some other device.

The Fizz modem looks like this:

If you lose power, and you have no UPS, you have no internet. All the lights will go black.

Now, if you have the Videotron HOME PHONE service, then I do believe that modem DOES have battery backup integrated. But Fizz has nothing to do with that device.

This discussion has been closed.