Random Ticket Opened

Mike M. #9292
Mike M. #9292 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in My Mobile

Ticket # 209583

I have 5 phones setup with Fizz and on the 16th I got a message about one of the phones being on roaming too much. My concern is the message I got includes the statement:

"If you pursue such usage, we’ll have to suspend (without any other warning from our part) your access to these partner networks. "

We have five phones here all in the same household, how or why the phone of my youngest (who can't travel very far) would get this error is a question. That said we live in a world where 2 factor authentication is everywhere. I need 2 factor authentication to work and I need to work to pay my fizz bills. So with that said, how often does Fizz cut people off without warning?

What am I meant to do about an error concerning roaming when 4 other devices are fine? Do I need to find a new provider and if so how long will I get to do that?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Mike M. #9292 ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

The statements that you were given by our colleagues on Live chat are correct, as The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network.

Fizz reserves the right to interrupt or block access to their network of partner providers if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment periods.

While we do understand your situation, if you have to stay over a long period of time somewhere on Fizz Ext connectivity only, it`s better to get a local Sim card to avoid any possible issue.

More details can be found here also : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good one,

Whizz

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hi @Mike M. #9292

Here we are users, we can really help you, however, I believe that you should have an idea which phone is roaming?

Can you try to check in your plan -> Manage Plan -> Data Usage report

You can disable the roaming on the phones too.

For the MFA please, add another method, for example TOTP if permitted.

You should contact the support to have more information on your ticket

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

• Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

• By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Mike M. #9292
    Mike M. #9292 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Resolved with online chat. For anyone who is curious in the future:

Data use on Fizz EXT networks is limited to 50% of your total monthly data allotment (this will become very important for someone with a tiny data plan since sucking up 512 MB of a 1GB data plan would take no time). Exceeding this total for 3 months will result in your account being suspended without notice (total suspension, no more calls or texts). To someone who is never roaming this probably will never matter. To someone who does happen to roam, you really need to consider this policy and what it could mean to you. In particular, if like me you decided to spend a few extra dollars to give your kid some basic data access - I'd strongly consider removing it entirely because the repercussions of a mistake is a total loss of service. Imagine if your line is suspended like this - how would you even go about transferring your number to a new carrier since you wouldn't be able to approve the switch without a confirmation text?

To be honest, I've been very happy with Fizz for about 2-3 years now but this suddenly came up and I'm thinking it'll maybe be best to change carriers unfortunately. The idea that I could lose access to 2FA services over something as trivial as marginal data use makes me uncomfortable. To sum this up and be clear, my kid has used up to 50% of his 1 GB allotment of data on an EXT network for two months now and if he does it again next month he will no longer have a phone to call his parents in cases of emergency.

For this reason (512 MB-1GB of data usage spread over 3 months) Fizz's current policy suggest I should go be a client somewhere else or risk catastrophic failure of our communication devices (or remove all data, entirely). Not going to lie, this is disappointing to me as I have loved Fizz for not being like the other big carriers but I suppose on hindsight 3 years of decent prices was a good run!

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭

I feel for you and your situation, Fizz has a lot going for it, and there are indeed marginal situations that make it not necessarily the best service depending on the individual's case, and it sure seems like yours was one such unfortunately mix of circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.