Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @HaPierre

Can you give us a bit more information?

You should check with the banking institution, if you have a problem

If you have the possibility to try with another credit card too

If you have the ability to use a credit card from a family member or friend you should add it and associate it with your packages https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information

I would like to suggest that you clear the cache and put the browser in private mode.

Then try updating your payment method again if that's the problem. Have you correctly associated your payment method with your package and each one if you have several?

Prepaid Vanilla prepaid cards from Mastercard or Visa are accepted for one-time payments. And make sure the word Vanilla appears on your card. Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Answers

• D_M_O
    D_M_O Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

• Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

• By private message on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

• By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Effacé comme message :)

• Mazz
    Mazz Posts: 19 ✭✭

I have the same issue, they are looking into it. I tried 2 different cards and they would not accept it.

• neverwinter
    neverwinter Posts: 1,939 ✭✭

I read in other posts that Fizz have problems with Desjardins, do you have a Desjardins CC?

• Mazz

I have CIBC, and if they can't fix it i lose my Phone today. Solution they give me is to Buy Visa Prepaid card, that's not a solution for me or use someone else's card, again not a solution.

• Jess_i88b6

Hi @Mazz

I agree with you that is not the best solution, and this should be solved by Fizz

But you have couples of options, wait for a Fizz solution, take in your hands a try with a prepaid card or fight for your rights or a mix of these.

• Mamie
    edited November 2022

@HaPierre

Hope you found an alternative that worked for you.

@Mazz

The solution of a prepaid Vanilla card from Mastercard or Visa (making sure the word Vanilla is written on the card) has been used by some subscribers and has had good results for at least one payment cycle. You can easily get it at Couche-Tard. Too bad if that's not possible for you.

Hoping that this alternative can help other subscribers who are currently having payment problems.

• Mazz

I can do it not an issue, i should not lose my Phone because of an issue they are having! I tried using someone elses card and it still did not work. Can anyone Gurantee if i buy a card that it will pass through? Obviously it's a problem with my account that no card wants to work.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited November 2022

@Mazz

Using a prepaid vanilla, it is a good options, since you will not have the verification of the address and name, which sometime can create problems.

I read multiple people that the solved their problem with the Vanilla prepaid card, for this reason I suggested, for sure it will cost you couples of dollars more :(.

• Mamie

@Mazz

We always suggest to people having problems with the site, to change the browser, empty the cache and put it in private mode. It gives more chances.

For the Vanilla prepaid card, it would be worth trying if your payment deadline is near. If it does not pass at Fizz, you can use it without problem during a next purchase elsewhere. It's considered a gift card too. If they are sold in Couche-Tard, in pharmacies and certain grocery stores, it is because they are easy to use.

• Mazz

It's not a browser issue, i have Pre-Authorized Payments setup, should come out automatically from my Bank Account. I can do the prepaid card thing but it does not fix the issue of Pre-Authorization setup. I was on with the Bank for 45 Minutes determining that my account is fine and no issue on the Bank End. Tried setting up Pre-Authorization with another card(Family Members card) and it still would not work. I am gonna wait until Monday to see if it can be resolved and then figure out what to do. Thanks for the Input.

• Mamie
    edited November 2022

@Mazz

Thank you for your feedback. I hope this technical problem will be solved for you and all other subscribers having this problem.

Good luck to you on Monday!

• Jess_i88b6

@Mazz only the prepaid vanilla card is accepted

Only one-off payments are accepted with Vanilla prepaid cards

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use

I don't have much more info, sorry hopeful Fizz finds the problem as soon as possible, since I read multiple users reporting this kind of problem.

• Mazz

I wasn't gonna try and setup Pre-Auth payments with a Vanilla card, i tried with my Moms cards to set it up. I was saying getting the Vanilla card still won't fix my account.

• Mazz

Ok so, bought a prepaid Vanilla card, try to add it under mange payment, input card info and says billing address does not match..how do i get passed that part?

• Jess_i88b6
    edited November 2022

@Mazz This is crazy, a Vanilla card is not associated with your address therefore should match any address.

Can you try to associate another address recognized by post Canada?

• Mazz

I go to Payment Method.. add new Payment Method...The form is there and at the bottom is my address greyed out..i input the Vanilla card info and it says nope we not doing it. I do not have another card, i tried my moms yesterday but it's the same billing address. i can try and put in a bogus address i guess, real one just not mine.

• Mazz

And i am still getting denied to contact my Bank even with the prepaid card.

• Jess_i88b6

@Whizz here they need your help! The payment system doesn't accept not even a Vanilla Card

• Mazz

I checked my card online it's active, money is there. Man i wanna give them my money and they don't want to take it.

• Mazz

I lose my Phone tonight with no payment. I don't wanna have to redo all my banking/Paypal with a new number.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited November 2022

@Mazz you did more than enough, you should try to contact again the support, I don't know what to suggest more :'( I am so sorry that I was not able to help you!!!! Probably try to redo it again using the browser in private mode. Sorry I am out of idea

• Mazz

My Ticket is still in Progress...was filed at 1:18pm yesterday.

• Mazz

I thank you for everything, i had a feeling it wasn't going to work. But i figured i have to try something, haven't heard back from anyone but you nice people.

• Mazz

Finally it went through, not sure what the issue is, i know it's not a banking issue since it happened even with this prepaid card. I guess i have to wait a month and see if it still happens. I will delete this card from my account tomorrow, not enough funds on it now. Thank-you all again, keeping fingers crossed.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited November 2022

@Mazz I am so happy for you!!!!! Hopefully @HaPierre will be able to solve it too

• Mamie

@Mazz

I just read your message. Be careful before deleting it. You must have another payment method active and recognized by the system. Normally one puts a new method of payment, we associate it with the package that we want to pay, and then AFTER we delete the old method of payment.

For you, it would be necessary to be certain that the method of payment with which you had difficulty is recognized and accepted by the system, I believe, before deleting the Vanilla card. It may be different with a one-time payment but...

Maybe inform you before doing an immediate deletion with customer service? Open this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and just scroll down until you see the green bubble with a question mark

Happy a payment method worked though.

• Mazz
    edited November 2022

Thanks, i still have my original listed, i set the Vanilla as the default to pay it then switched it back. Plus the Vanilla only has $12 left on it so it's no good. Ticket has been submitted and it still says they are working on it. I will see in one month if it gets resolved, i don't feel like doing the prepaid and having a bunch of cards with $12 on them.

This discussion has been closed.