support asking for credit card, normal?

question
question Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in About my account

Hi. I had a problem with my phone so I contacted the client support of Fizz.

They asked me the credit card related to my account.

Is this normal procedure? I have never been asked my credit card from a support team before and found this weird.

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@question If you don't have payment problem, for a SIM swap they should ask a document to prove your identity to avoid a SIM swap scam.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi @question

Probably they want to enter for you, but I will prefer to do it myself https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information, follow the instructions, I would like to suggest that you use the browser in private mode. So enter the card and associate to your plans.

I am try to share as little I can

However, if you don't have a payment issue, why they want your credit card for a phone problem?

• question

yes, but the credit card had no link to the problem I had. It was about my sim card, nothing money related. I found this odd.

• question

Ah i see, that makes sens. But the message of "Before getting started I will need an identity card with your name AND your adress AND a picture of your credit card" still makes it weird to me. I did not know about SIM swap scams before.

This discussion has been closed.