Network security key

Demi
Demi Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Internet

I am entering the network security key found in the white sticker and my computer still will not connect. Is there a number I can call to receive help with this? I’ve tried numerous times.

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Salut @Demi

You can do a factory reset, you will loose the configuration, or connect to the modem with your computer and a network cable, if you have one

With a computer and your Internet browser
    • Connect a device to your Fizz Wi-Fi modem with a network cable.
    • Open an Internet browser, and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
      • Identify yourself using these credentials:Username: cusadmin
      • Password:
    1. a) It is possible that your browser kept your Wi-Fi password. If so, keep going.
    2. b) If you had configured an ADMIN password different from your Wi-Fi password, enter it here.
    3. Once you’re in:
    • Select Wireless
    • Select General settings
    • In the lower right-hand corner, you’ll see your password.

If none of the above options work out for you, your last resort option is to restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings.

IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

Using a small, sharp object, press the reset button located behind the modem for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi @Demi

Yes the password is written on the back of your Modem, please be careful with L and i for example, they are not easy to write correctly. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem here some info from Fizz https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-recover-my-wi-fi-password

As explicated on the FAQ you can also try to reset the modem.

Did you change your password or is a new activation?

Fizz is 100% online, therefore, the only way to contact the support is by chat

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

• Demi
    Demi Posts: 4 ✭✭

I recently changed my password but this is not the same as the network key… neither were recognized and yes I restarted the modem and no didn’t have issues with typing the letters

• Collapse3
    Collapse3 Posts: 54 ✭✭

Contact the chat if still not working

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,814 admin

Hello Demi,
    I am really sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and your plan is active and no issues there.

As Jessy_ref_i88b6  mentioned, if your computer does not recognize the password, you need to either verify if there are any letters such aS:
    L written as an "l" 
    I from Information written as an "I".
    There could be some issue with the letter O and 0 (zero). 
    If those do not work, try to factory reset the modem and try to set it up again.
    To factory reset your modem, you just have to find a sharp object, press and hold the small button on the modem's back for 20 seconds. 
    After that, you need to set up the WiFI again just like when you first got the modem. 
    Here you can find the steps to use Easy Connect: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem
    Furthermore, if you still experience these issues, please reach us in private to help you.
    You can do that by accessing the FAQ above, click on the "?" bubble and choose the communication channel you want to use.

Also, we do not have a phone number that you can call, our customer service is 100% online.
    Thank you for your understanding! 
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.