Mobile plans

MA22
MA22 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in About my account

What is the cheapest mobile plan you have?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @MA22 ,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm really glad to hear that all these members gathered up here to assist you, and I hope you got the information you needed. Please note that our customer service is also here for you if you need further information or clarification on some topics. Here is how to contact us https://fizz.ca/en/support.

Have a good one!

-Sergiu

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭

@MA22

Hi, without coverage to keep your phone number: $12.00.

With 1g of data, without any other option: 13.00$

https://fizz.ca/en/mobile?ADDONS[0]=18&CVRG=107&DATA=93&PLAN=1&SMS=223&VOICE=90&WIZARD=mobile

• MA22

Hi ,

Thank you for your reply.

I am shopping for the simplest plan for my 2 teenage boys. Do you have plans pay as you go that are cheaper per month?

I am looking for something that offers simply calling in case of emergency and some texting.

Is it possible to have both boys on the same family plan?

Is Fizz owned by Vidéotron? If so do we get special offers being a Vidéotron client as a bundle ? I have cable and internet services with Vidéotron.

Please confirm.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi @MA22

The 12$ plan, is the cheapest one, and it is a pay as you go, therefore, for incoming and outgoing calls you need to pay for them, the incoming SMS are included, you need to pay for the outgoing.

This the Fizz answer for your question about family plan, https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unique-philosophy-fizz. Yes you can have an account with multiple plans on it, but the discount are given with an idea of bonus.

And yes Fizz is owned by Quebecor, but Fizz is not Videotron.

If you are considering Fizz, be awere that till the end of this month, you can have 50$ referral credit at your 2nd payment. Therefore, you can subscribe using a referral code (mine for example) for the first account, after activating the first plan on your first account, you can open a second account, activate the second plan on the second account using the first account referral and you will get 50$ on account 1 and 2

Therefore, the plan A will received 100$ and Plan B 50$, no bad

• MA22

Hi,

Thank you. A couple of more questions, What is the cost for an incoming or an outgoing call in this plan?

What is the cost of an outgoing SMS? For income SMS is it free unlimited?

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi @MA22

You have 2 options, pay as you go, or buy an addon

For pay as you go

Minutes $0.25 / min, 1 or 59 seconds is a minute

Texts $0.05 / text

Buy an addons

10$ for 300 mins

3$ for 60 minus

3$ for 200 texts message (outgoing) the incoming are free

How long does it take to activate an Add-On? How long does it last?

Add-Ons are active immediately. They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle.

In other words, if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days.

• Vitamin_E
    Vitamin_E Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Given what you said you are looking for my advice would be to buy two plans with unlimited texting only. the difference in price between "nothing" and unlimited texting is $3 a month ($12 for nothing and $15 for unlimited texting only). Texting charges add up quick even at only $0.05, and then you have a means of communication you can use without additional charges in the back of your mind. I would then simply buy a $3, 60min add-on for the plans at the beginning of every second billing cycle, as the add-on will stay on the account for the billing period it's purchased in, as well as the following billing period (as Jessy mentioned above).

Just my two cents, but I believe that's the most cost effective way to give yourself communication, and voice minutes in case of an emergency.

• MA22

Ok thank you for this insight. So, if I understand, it would cost we for 2 plans per month:

Plan A : $12.00 + Add-on $3 (unlimited texting) = $15.00 per month

Plan B : $12 + Add-on $3 (unlimited texting) = $15.00 per month

Total $30 per month

What is the cost of SIM cards ? We have 2 older iPhones 6 & 7

I presume with no data they will not be able to connect to internet at home with our home internet and WiFi. Correct?

• Mario_FQDZA
    Mario_FQDZA Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

@MA22 SIMs are $15 each.

You will be able to connect to any Wi-Fi network and use Whatsapp to make phone calls for example even if you don't have any minutes or any data.

But for $1 extra, why not add 1 GB of data?

There is no cross-rebate between Fizz and Vidéotron.

• MA22
    edited November 2022

Ok thanks!

I was reading if I go buy my SIM cards at a designated vendor it is $5.00 for this month.

Is this correct?

Are there any activation fees?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭

Activation is free, but the cost of SIM not sure these days.

This discussion has been closed.