Will Android 12 work "smoothly" on "older" phone ?

kingTheod
kingTheod Posts: 170 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Phones

i do have a Samsung Galaxy A12 with 3 Go RAM, 32 Go storage, running Android 11.

everything works fine

got a notification to download and install Android 12

i"m afraid the new version may dramatically slow down my phone.

so i did some research on android official source: https://source.android.com/docs/compatibility/12/android-12-cdd

got this :

" If Handheld device implementations include greater than or equal to 2GB and less than 4GB of memory available to the kernel and userspace, they:

• [7.6.1/H-SR-1] Are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to support only 32-bit userspace (both apps and system code) "

so i may skip this version....somebody has installed android 12 on "older" but approved phone ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Mamie
    Mamie Posts: 1,784 ✭✭

@kingTheod

You could try asking your question on Facebook too?

There are many subscribers who follow the threads: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,308 ✭✭

Try always to be up to date. I mean if upgrade is available do it.

• kingTheod

thx but..i dont have facebook ( i dont want this spyware on my phone or laptop...)

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭

Have you gone through with the update?

Curious to see if there's any effect (if any), but I doubt that to be the case.

• J D. #792
    J D. #792 Posts: 316 ✭✭

I would upgrade to the latest as many said, for security update specially. I think it should be no problem for the compatibility since you are getting a notification of update on the phone itself. Samsung won't push an update out if there is any major issue.

• kingTheod

no updated yet !

trying to get feedback and experiences from someone...

but i will go thru anyway in couple of weeks.

i usually took time before jumping on upgrade or update...except for critical security patches

why ? i dont want to be part of beta-testers, you know be the scapegoat ! (very common in MS Windows world)

will do it and get you informed whether my phone become useless, bulky or still remain alive...

thx folks 😎

• kingTheod

did the update.

no issues. everything works fine. android 12 didnt really slow down my phone.

also got new septembre 2022 security updates.

😎

This discussion has been closed.