Activation sim card while keeping the same phone number

MartinP
MartinP Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2022 in My Mobile

Hello there,

Could you please help me with the issue I have. I am trying to activate my new sim card that I recieved today with the same phone number that I have, but it doesnt work. Could you please help me with this issue? Thank you

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @MartinP

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!

I am sorry to hear that you lost the current SIM.

Please note that in order to make the swap of your number and plan to the new received SIM, you will have to contact us in our live chat due the fact we will need to ask for some documents first in order to make sure you are the account owner. This action can be made only from our end.

I am counting on your understanding and we will wait for you in our chat.

You can open it following the steps from this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support

Have a good night,

-Georgian

Answers

• Mataze
    Mataze Posts: 2,066 ✭✭
    Hi @MartinP
    Activating my SIM card

If you don’t have a SIM card, getting one is really simple.

- If you’re buying a phone on fizz.ca, you can add one to your order.  

- If you plan to use your own phone, you’ll still need a Fizz SIM card. To order one, create your account on fizz.ca (unless you already have one). Once logged in, go in Overview, and select Get started in the create your plan tile. From there, you’ll be able to order your SIM card. 

There are three (3) ways to get to the SIM card activation page:

• Log into your Fizz account, and go under Overview. Select Get started in the create your plan tile. There, you’ll have the opportunity to activate your SIM card. 

or

• In the fizz.ca menu bar, click on Mobile/Activate my SIM.

or

Once there, simply enter the activation code on your SIM card in the field provided.

To learn more:

How do I buy a SIM card?Who is delivering my SIM card?

How do I track my shipment / contact the shipper?

I ordered a SIM card. How long will it take to arrive?

I ordered a SIM card but haven’t received it. What do I do?

Inserting the SIM card into my phone
    1. If you’re planning to use your own phone on the Fizz network, make sure it’s unlocked. Learn about unlocking your phone
    2. Your SIM card has been activated, you created your plan, and your phone is ready. Time for the exciting part :)
    3. The Fizz SIM card is detachable in three different formats (mini, micro and nano). Make sure to insert the correct SIM card format for your phone. If you detach the wrong format, don’t worry — the Fizz SIM card can be “reattached” in the right format. 
    4. IMPORTANT: Insert your SIM card the right way around to allow the connectors on the card to establish contact with your phone.
    5. Turn your phone on, and wait:
    • If you selected a new number, configuring your plan won’t take long. We’ll send you a text when your plan is ready to use. 
    • If you’re transferring your phone number to Fizz, the process can take up to two (2) hours. In the meantime, you can use Wi-Fi and the data in your plan. You can also make calls or send text messages, but you won’t be able to receive any. We’ll send you a text when your plan is ready to use.
    An issue with the number transfer?
    1. If you’re waiting to use your plan because you transferred your number to Fizz, and you’ve been waiting for over two (2) hours since the activation of your plan, the delay might be caused by issues encountered when transferring your number.
    2. There are several reasons why we may have been unable to transfer your current phone to your Fizz plan.
    3. You will receive an in-account notification explaining why the transfer failed, as well as the next steps for solving the problem. How to check your Fizz notifications.

To learn more:

1. I’m having problems transferring my current phone number to Fizz. Why? What can I do?

Source : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activate

This discussion has been closed.