Super weirded out by the appointment situation

almalexiel
almalexiel Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Internet

I booked an appointment for today, it's been the closest we could after being fully moved in. We've been without internet for 3 days already and my boyfriend NEEDS the internet to work. So do I, but not nearly as badly as he does. Everything is e-mails and whatnot.

I booked thinking everything will be fine and someone is coming soon. But there is no way to tell when and if. And I saw some people say they had to wait two weeks to get a new appointment. This feels so bad and unsafe, we really can't afford to wait this long, honestly, this feels really scary for me right now because if he doesn't get the internet today we will have to find a solution. In times after pandemic one would think that this kind of stuff doesn't happen, to just have no one show up without warning. I'm gonna be stressing out all day until he hopefully arrives.... 😖

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello almalexiel,
    I am sorry to hear that you encounter this situation,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you have a moving order scheduled for today.
    Your services are deactivated for a short period of time, until the services are reactivated by the technician that will come to your address to make sure your connection works at the new address.  
    Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service
    There is no need to factory reset your modem, as the connection is now interrupted from our side. 
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,662 ✭✭

Hi

You can check the date and time of the appointment on your Fizz account.

To view your Fizz technician appointments:

1. Log into your account and go to Manage plan.
    2. Click on Appointments.
    3. Here you will be able to see a complete list of all your past and future appointments.
    4. You will also be able to reschedule and cancel future appointments.

source - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address

By the way, if there is already a coaxial cable at your new place, you can try hooking up your Fizz modem. No guarantees, but you might be pleasantly surprised to find the internet works.

If there is any problem, you can contact Fizz customer service - https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

• almalexiel

I was hoping that plugging the modem myself would do that!

For a moment everything seemed fine but then the lights started turning off and some are blinking and no internet is working.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,662 ✭✭

You can try unplugging the modem and make sure the coaxial cable is well screwed in before retrying.

What are the modem lights showing? You can see the expected status per LED at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it#3

What lights do you see?

• The 1st light on top should be solid green.
    • The next 2 lights must be blue and steady.
    • The 4th light should be solid green.
    • If the 2 lights with the arrow symbol are solid blue, try connecting directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable to see if the internet is working.
    • If one of the 2 LEDs with the arrow symbol is not solid blue, you have a problem with the coaxial cable signal, so maybe you have a problem in your area.

If the problem persists, try a return to the factory values ​​(factory reset) of your modem, thus resetting the modem to factory conditions, by pressing in the small button on the back of the box with a paper clip for 10+ seconds. Then wait 3-4 minutes before trying. You will have to re-enter the codes shown on the modem initially.

Unfortunately if nothing changes, you will have to wait for the technician to arrive.

• almalexiel

Okay so I tried everything, sadly had to resort to factory setting. Haven't been able to access the fizz app in several months or a year for forgetting the password and being unable to change it anywhere, so at least might be able to finally do that again once things work.

For the modem it only works as much as the 2nd and 3rd light (upload download) being green and not flashing, but they never turn blue. Eventually they start flashing again and nothing works. The wifi only seems to be working during that short time. But no connection to internet obviously.

This discussion has been closed.