Has community engagement gone down?

Options
StefanM
StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
edited February 10 in Break Room

I feel that after Fizz drastically cut back on the award structure here in the forum last year, community engagement has drastically gone down. I am not surprised as this was pointed out when the change was implemented and Fizz promised they would adjust/tweak the earning structure. Unsurprisingly, they did nothing of that sort. The result, a forum that is less vibrant.

Maybe this is just my impression. Would love to hear what you think.

Answers

• Olic
    Olic Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Options

Could a part of the answer be that new customers are more active? There are more gains when you start to contribut, and, when it's new, you want to learn about the service...

Now that Fizz has been around for a while, there are probably fewer new customers than before.

That's my guess, does that make sense?

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Valid point. But generally my impression is that it overall drastically decreased, even with long-term users

• MTeasdale
    MTeasdale Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Options

Much less user engagement since the points (levels) are tougher to get. I know they had to do something to stop people from exploiting the system. But personally, The fact that the kudos don't give points anymore has negatively impacted my motivation to login and check the threads and post replies to the various questions asked.

• FizzyWizz
    FizzyWizz Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options

As a new user I find the forum to be quite useful and find people pretty active. That being said, I completely understand what @StefanM is saying. Before actually signing up with Fizz, I was looking at the posts in this forum that explained the different ways we could earn points, and was actually surprised and disappointed to learn that now many of those activities that would once allow us to earn points no longer do... But I guess this is the rewards system Fizz chose to stick with for now ... Hopefully they come up with more ways to keep the community engaged and allow them to earn enough points to make it worth their time :)

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

I understand this might have reduced the participation level on the forum, as it was easier to get points. However, I don't think it's the only explanation, as I have the impression that less new people seem to join the forum. Newcomers tend to ask lots of questions, which is much less the case right now, as there are fewer of them.

• FizzyWizz
    FizzyWizz Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Options

@Doomdrou Makes sense :)

• Alan_Smithee
    Alan_Smithee Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

My point of view? Login in the forum to check threads that are mostly answered with the "how to get the chat bubble" FAQ copy/pasted everywhere isn't that entertaining.

Not a lot of info about coming changes or features, even less about advanced technical stuff (Newer modem, IPv6 etc).

It's mostly filled now with billing issues and service outages.

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Options

I just made level 5 through forum grinding! I had a lot of my answered marked as best answer in the past 3 days. Even made Guru level 1/5

• authorone
    authorone Posts: 97 ✭✭
    Options

I don't feel the same way ...

• jiyingss
    jiyingss Posts: 909 ✭✭
    Options

I think that it's hard for me from level 4 to level 5. I am 3 years with fizz

• A17
    A17 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭
    Options

There are also more limitations than before.

• E S.
    E S. Posts: 405 ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'm with Fizz from nearly the beginning. Points per activity have decreased substantially.

Also, a lot of questions / issues that have already been resolved can be searched in the forums, or support section of the website. It's often repetitive stuff.

• A17
    Options

It's even more difficult to go from 5 to 6. Courage!

• jiyingss
    Options

Thanks, I am level 5 now. you are right, it's harder to obtain 7500 points to level 6. I need 2500 answers or posts to get there. Mission impossible!

• A17
    Options

It is possible if you are very involved. Or if you wait long enough with your payments, buy a new cell phone...

• jiyingss
    Options

Yes, I agree with you. Thank you for your suggestions

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

Oh wow! I did not know that it was repetitive and a lot of stuff have already been answered. I should look better before asking questions haha

• ilovedoggies
    ilovedoggies Posts: 18
    Options
    Looks like I'm arriving too late haha
  • wayne
    wayne Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Options

I think it's nice of Fizz to maintain a forum for members to interact and offer reward points for participating. Just the ROI is not that great if you are only in it for the points.

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,579 ✭✭
    Options

But they give back the 50 pts for best answer

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,701 ✭✭
    Options

That's the fault of New forum make for you get less pts than before

This discussion has been closed.