Returning phone under warranty

Options
Brad
Brad Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Internet

I had my pixel 6 pro for less than a month before it started with green tint problems and flickering on the screen. I tried to speak with customer support and they tell me that I can mail them the phone for warranty. The problem is:

• They say that they will take 2 weeks to finish processing the warranty and evaluating whether or not my phone meets their criteria
  • They will charge me $75 if they deem it to not meet the criteria for warranty
  • They don't provide a replacement phone beforehand

Since I can't feasibly go without a phone for 2 weeks because of my work, not to mention being unable to contact my elderly parents out of province for this time, this option sucks. Not only that, but it took no time at all for my phone to just stop working properly and I don't really want to go through this if it happens again. I think I will have to actually reactivate my old phone on my old provider (not fizz) and then re-activate on fizz when I finally get my phone back.

I offered to take a video of the phone to prove the problem, put a hold on my card so they could send me a replacement before, pay to rent a loaner phone from them, but all these were against their policy so it was apparently impossible to do.

Wondering if anyone has a similar experience returning a phone under warranty? How long did it take? Did they charge you $75? Did you get to pick a different model phone or did they force the same one? Why is the customer support so bad?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,266 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Brad,
    I am really sorry for the issue you encountered with your phone,
    I can see that you managed to reach us in private and also, my colleagues have sent you a few emails in regards to the issue encountered.
    If you need further assistance, I kindly advise you to contact us, using the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

Also, you can do what Fling suggested to unlock the device you already have from another provider. 
    They have to unlock it for free, as the law states, while the phone you bought from us is being repaired or another one is sent as a replacement.

Thank you for your understanding!
    I wish you a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Motr3
    Motr3 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options

It sucks but that's their policy, you have to send the phone back but not your sim card, you can put it in your old phone if it's unlocked (you ca try it now) and wait for a replacement.

• Brad
    Brad Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I don't have an unlocked phone unfortunately. First time I'm on fizz and my previous provider was koodo/telus.

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,767 ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hi Brad

You can unlock your old phone. Just contact the provider an they must do it since December first 2017

• Motr3
    Motr3 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/unlock-mobile-device

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/unlocking-your-phone

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭
    Options

Just ask your old provider to unlock your old phone, because they are suppose to do that for free.

This discussion has been closed.