Iphone Lock

Patricia L. #12336
Patricia L. #12336 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Phones

Is my Iphone that I buy on Fizz site is unlock to put another sim Card??  Im going in vacation and need to put a new sim card, it will work??

Best Answer

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,641 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Patricia

It's a law now,!They cannot sell you a phone lock since décembre first 2017. Read this

Updated Wireless Code gives Canadians more control over their wireless services

June 15, 2017 – Ottawa-Gatineau - Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission today announced that as of December 1, 2017, all individual and small business wireless service customers will have the right to have their cellphones and other mobile devices unlocked free of charge upon request. In addition, all newly purchased devices must be provided unlocked from that day forward.

As well, updates to the trial period will allow customers who are unhappy with their service to cancel their contract within 15 days and return their device in near-new condition at no costs, as long as they have used less than half their monthly usage limits.

Answers

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭

Yes unlocked.

• D_M_O
    D_M_O Posts: 126 ✭✭

It should be unlock yes. Got a new Iphone form fizz and didn't have any issue the phone. Was working with a different provider.

• FizzyWizz
    FizzyWizz Posts: 95 ✭✭

Yup ! And as mentioned before, carriers are now required to unlock any previously locked phone upon request.

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭

I would suggest you do a factory reset first thing if you buy a preloved phone.

This discussion has been closed.