My number is invalid when I fill out the form on the Quebec Immigration website

Jotaro_Li
Jotaro_Li Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in My Mobile

I transfered my number from CMLink to Fizz and my number is working good (CMLink has discontinued its services in Canada), but today when I filled out the form on the Quebec immigration website it showed that my phone number is invalid. What is this situation? This matter is very IMPORTANT for me!!!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Jotaro_Li ,

Thank you for the provided details and we thank you for choosing Fizz. 

First, I would like to inform you that only mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region and only numbers from the Fizz subscription area can be transferred to Fizz.

If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, the Fizz system will not be able to accept it. The information is also available on our site: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

In case your number is from the Quebec or the Ottawa region and if you want to keep it, first we advise you to verify the situation regarding its validity with the Quebec immigration authorities. After making sure that the number is valid, was advise you to try again.

Thanks and have a great day!
    - Cecilia

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,663 ✭✭

Hi

If you transferred your number from CMLink, then number you are using has nothing to do with Fizz.

On any website, make sure to enter your phone number as 10 digits including the 3 digits area code in the correct format. If the number is shown as invalid, you can follow up with Quebec immigration authorities to see why they consider your number from CMLink as invalid.

And if you want to consider getting a new phone number, you can change your number as follows - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-get-a-new-phone-number

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Jotaro_Li

Hi,

if this situation is due to the area code used, here is a solution that may not be ideal since you will no longer have the same number, however the new number will certainly be accepted by this government institution.

Getting a new number for your mobile plan is easily done via your Fizz account. Your plan must be active of course, and you’ll have a one-time fee to pay, which will be clearly should you decide to proceed. You’ll have two options:  

1. Choose a random number from the selection presented to you.  

2. Find a number by entering the last four (4) digits of your choice.  

You can change your number whenever you want, and as many times as you like, but no more than once per month. 

Choose a random number
    How to choose a random phone number

To change your phone number to a random new number:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. If there is more than one plan on your account, scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage and choose Change phone number.
    4. Here you will see your current phone number and two options:
    5. Select the middle option: Get a new number.
    6. Choose a number from the list. (Click Get a new number list to refresh this list. Note that you can only refresh this list 5 times. When you refresh this list, you will not be able to go back to the previous list of numbers.)
    7. Click Confirm 
    Choose the last 4 digits
    How to choose the last 4 digits of your phone number

How to change your number and choose the last 4 digits:

1. Log into your account.
    2. Click on My Plans in the top navigation.
    3. If there is more than one plan on your account, scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    4. Click on Manage and choose Change phone number.
    5. Here you will see your current phone number and two options:
    6. Select the third option: Find a number.
    7. Type the four numbers you want into the search box.
    8. Choose a number from the list. (Click Get a new number list to refresh this list. Note that you can only refresh this list 5 times. When you refresh this list, you will not be able to go back to the previous list of numbers.)
    9. Click Confirm.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-get-a-new-phone-number

This discussion has been closed.