Cause USA 3G networks shutdown soon.... is VoLTE Fizz coming soon ?

kokoboko
kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in My Mobile

Read a few things about the US 3G networks shutdown this year Plan Ahead for Phase Out of 3G Cellular Networks and Service | Federal Communications Commission (fcc.gov).

Seems like Fizz has to release Volte sooner to be able to offer roaming in US.

Any update from FIZZ regarding VoLTE or Wifi Calling?

Thank you,

Best Answer

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Very interesting post. My questioning is about how well Fizz members are doing in the USA, as AT&T has closed it's 3G networks last March. I was in Florida January to March 2022, and phone calling was still possible as T-Mobile was still offering 3G coverage. But T-Mobile is phasing out it's 3G.

My VoLTE is activated on my Samsung A52 5G phone, and I have replaced my Sim card with the new card with the red lightning spark logo. But no VoLTE capability with Fizz yet.

Answers

• kokoboko

Found this Why is VoLTE important? | Fizz

Seems like is coming....

• kokoboko

Really happy to see Fizz moving.....

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭

Hi

Like you wrote, this is the latest news on VoLTE - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-volte-important

There's no news about Fizz having Wifi calling.

• magic_channel
    magic_channel Posts: 107 ✭✭

wondering if anybody has to share some new US roaming recent experience....

• ah727
    ah727 Posts: 805 ✭✭

To Fizz users in the USA. If you are making calls using your Fizz Canada + USA plan through roaming with US Networks ( AT&T, T-Mobile,...), we would like to hear from you. We would like to understand how the Fizz roaming partners are processing phone calls: through 3G networks or 4G LTE (VoLTE).

Before making a phone call, the top status bar should show the LTE status of the mobile connection. DURING THE CALL, for a 3G call, the 3G status should show up in the top status bar, OR for a VoLTE call, the LTE status should still show up in the top status bar.

Kindly let us know so we can anticipate problems with calls making in the USA once 3G networks are shut down by T-Mobile or others. Thanks everybody!

Below top status bar showing LTE connection

This discussion has been closed.