Network dropping frequently

enricottawa
enricottawa Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in My Mobile

Hi,

My network has been dropping frequently ever since I signed up. I have tried turning on automatic network discovery. The only fix seems to be toggling airplane mode. I am located in the subscription area. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,641 ✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi Enrico

Here is some solution from Fizz

Is the coverage adequate?
    1. Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.
    2. See our network coverage map
    3. The Fizz mobile network, like the vast majority of mobile service providers in Canada, is broadcast from fixed antennas on the ground.
    4. It’s normal that the signal will be affected in some places by natural and artificial obstacles.
    5. Artificial obstacles may include:
    • Concrete
    • Steel
    • Aluminum
    1. Natural obstacles may include:
    • Mountains
    • Valleys
    • Forests
    Restart your phone
    1. If the network signal is weak, your phone may be connected to an antenna that is not in an optimal location for you to access the network.
    2. Reboot (power cycle) your phone by holding down the phone’s start button for 10 seconds.
    3. Following your reboot, your applications will load. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network and potentially recover its authorization to access the network.
    Is the Fizz network chosen?
    1. Make sure your phone is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network.
    2. IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.
    3. The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    4. Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    5. iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
    6. Note: If the Fizz network is not optimal where you are, you may try to temporarily connect to our wider area network.
    7. How to access the Fizz wider area network
    8. The position and distance of our partners’ antennas may differ from ours — your mobile experience may improve at locations that are problematic for the Fizz network.
    Reset your phone’s network settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This operation will also reset your WiFi settings, mobile data, Bluetooth, etc.
    2. The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of device. Here are two examples:
    3. Android: Settings → General management → Reset → Reset network settings
    4. iPhone: Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings

Answers

• CDB1955
    CDB1955 Posts: 10 ✭✭

Je suis dans la zone d’abonnement aussi mais je suis dans les montagnes .par mauvais temps c’est moins bon, mais par beau temps c’est mieux. En ville, ça va très bien

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,393 ✭✭

Try to change network mode in connection setting. 

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hello, enricottawa,
    I hope you are doing well.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I just verified your account and I noticed that you have been in contact with our customer service recently. If you already went through the troubleshooting steps mentioned by Fling and swatt and the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to the customer service as we are available 24/7 and we will be here for you. Here is how to get in contact with us https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.

Thank you for your kind understanding.
    Cheers!
    -Sergiu

This discussion has been closed.