Can people still leave me voice messages while I travel abroad?

gianluca11
gianluca11 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2022 in My Mobile

If I have my phone with me outside of Canada or the US, then when people call my number, would they still be able to leave messages in my voicemail? How many? Would I be able to listen to those messages while still abroad? Thank you!

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @gianluca11

Yes they will able to leave a voice mail, since your phone is not available, and it will the same if you are in Canada.

Your voicemail has a 35 messages maximum capacity. Once this has been reached, people who are trying to reach you won’t be able to leave you a message you’ll receive a text message each time someone tries to leave you a message.

You can listen them calling the 1-514-647-0999 and following the instructions

A good reference https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail

Answers

• Josianne L. #38791
    Josianne L. #38791 Posts: 17 ✭✭

Yes, I confirm that what was said before works!

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Yes, I can confirm from first hand experience when I was home in Europe. People could leave me voice messages without any issues.

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭

Hello @gianluca11, whenever a phone call cannot connect, the voicemail kicks in regardless of if the device is off, airplane mode, out of signal range, etc. An option you can try for traveling is to install a WIFI calling/texting app on your device and share that number with people or use call forwarding. Fizz does offer calling add-ons if you worry about missing important messages/calls.

• Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,024 ✭✭

Anyone tried to use the visual voicemail app when abroad?

This discussion has been closed.