Roaming in Saint-Martin

Catalin P. #197
Catalin P. #197 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hello, I am travelling in Saint-Martin and I checked Fizz travel add-ons on the page "Travel - International Roaming Options - Fizz" (https://fizz.ca/en/travel).

According to that page, for Saint-Martin, only Pay as You Go is supported ($8/MB).

But when I arrived I got these text messages:

✈ Welcome to GUADELOUPE! If you have money in your Wallet, your roaming rates are 0.15/MB and 0.10/text. To roam for less, buy a Travel Add-On. Happy travels! Choose your travel option. www.fizz.ca/s/13/en/61963639

And on a different day a different one:

✈ Welcome to NETHERLANDS ANTILLES!

Since Fizz web page says Travel add-on does not work in Saint-Martin, I spent extra money on Pay as you go and a local SIM card that didn't work.

But later I tried to Buy travel add-on for Zone Latin America and this worked. The roaming works well on the local Chippie (Flow / UTS) network.

So could Fizz please update the Travel add-on information because Zone Latin America includes Saint-Martin?

Answers

• Rydock
    Rydock Posts: 206 ✭✭

Will be Nice if they do it!!

Good vacation and take care!!👍

• Catalin P. #197
    Catalin P. #197 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Now on the French side, roaming on F-Orange without problems. Again this is incorrectly indicated on the Fizz website.

• Luke_Skywalker
    Luke_Skywalker Posts: 409 ✭✭

The last time i went to St-Martin, i took on site a one-day trip to Saba Island. Since it's an other country, you have to bring your passport.

You have three choice for the travel (i did the first) :

1) The Edge Ferry with an high speed catamaran (24 knots) for the 90 min. trip in the ocean, starting from Simpson Bay

2) A plane with a specially trained pilot (the world’s shortest airport runway landing (1300 ft) for commercial flights).

3) The Dawn II Ferry , starting from Philipsburg

I highly recommend it ! It's not everyday that we can do a thrilling trip in/over the ocean to a volcanic island !

• Rydock
    Rydock Posts: 206 ✭✭

Nice trip!!! Bad that some one flag your message. 😔