internet connection issues today

Options
FCP1893
FCP1893 Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in Internet

My internet went down twice today, at 10:45, and at 11:15; only after rebooting the router did the service resume.

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@FCP1893

Hi,

these interruptions are possibly due to a modem update, and since you have reset the modem, it is likely that the update was performed when it was prepared when it was restarted.

But if the problem persists, I strongly suggest you to contact Fizz’s support team directly to inquire about that issue, they will be able to do some further investigation to correct this situation. You can do it by opening the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Answers

• FCP1893
    Options

Modem update meaning a firmware upgrade?

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@FCP1893

Some members did mention recently that they had experienced some interruptions probably due to a firmware update of the modem, so this is a strong possibility even though I cannot guarantee it unequivocally.

• FCP1893
    Options

i really hope Fizz isn't pushing updates during business hours; we live in a covid-19 world now where the many people work from home.

In any event, i haven't had any further problems since this morning.

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@FCP1893

As I mentioned to you, I am only assuming here since other users have previously mentioned a similar problem recently, however everything seems to have returned to normal since then, and works perfectly for everyone.

• Hoang T. #38498
    Hoang T. #38498 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Options

do you use Fizz router or your own router ?

If you use your own router, then the problem is not from Fizz.

If you use Fizz router, be sure that your lost of internet is not temporaire. If it lasts only few seconds and comes back by itself, then the problem could be videotron network (equipement).

If it never comes back by itself and you have to reboot the router to get back internet, then contact Fizz support.

• FCP1893
    Options

Fizz router; basically what happened was i lost my wi-fi signal at 10:45 from two of my notebooks, and my mobile phone flipped to LTE. I had a look at the router, all lights were lit (power, upload, download, WAN, 2.4, and 5). After waiting for 10 min, i got fed up and rebooted the router. Then, at 11:15, the something happened again. That time, i didn't wait for 10 min, i rebooted that damn router. After that, no further issues.

This discussion has been closed.