Voicemail not activated but showing a notification

Hello, I haven't activated my voicemail, but i received a phone-call and I have a red dot showing I have a new message since then. Is there a way to erase this? Is there a way to get into the voicemail?

Thanks

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

So you are not paying for voicemail on your plan ? :)

Usually to To manually access your mailbox, dial 1-514-647-0999 from a “Non Fizz” phone. 

And to Modify your access code (PIN) you can also do it online from your Fizz account (Under: My Plans > Manage My Plan > Advanced Settings > PIN to Access Your Voicemail).

But if you are don't have voicemail on your plan, not sure any of that would work. But you have nothing to lose by checking.

Now, if you don't have voicemail and this does not work.

Have you tried calling your own cell phone from another phone to see if it goes to voicemail ?

Fizz Customer service agents are available online. They should be able to turn off your message waiting indicator.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

• Hello, is the red dot on your phone a notification that you had a missed call? I suggest it is your phone notifying you of a missed call and this is a setting on your phone, not Fizz. I understand that Fizz voicemail uses an app, that you must install on your phone.