Why do you insult your customers by sending offensive messages

Rene C. #19895
Rene C. #19895 Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in About my account

My account INCLUDES the USA- I have been paying for it before and ALL THRU the pandemic without being able to use it. Now your Robots send me notices to pay extra.

Stupidity must stop.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Rene C. #19895,

This is a generic message anyone would receive regardless if they have US included in their plan and entering the USA. It's also a mandated message we need to comply with as a telecommunication company. There is nothing our support team can do for you in this case, besides explain why you would receive such a message.

Thanks,

Jay

Answers

• Rene C. #19895
    edited December 2021

Hello -- I remember your tv AD - Phlop, phlop,,Fizz,Fizz - Oh how the hell does it work..?

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Rene C. #19895

Hi,

I suggest you to contact the customer service to resolve this isue, you can do it by opening the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

They'll surely be able to help you.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

It's just a standard email and it says *if* your plan doesn't include US. It's not offensive at all.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

It's just a generic Ad campaign to let people know that they have options for USA travel. Most prepaid plans don't even offer anything other than national options.

You already have it, great, then ignore it and move on. I know it s#$% that you have it in your pan, when you could not travel. If you did not remove it for now, I assume it is because you plan price is a lot cheaper than the current going price (otherwise, there is not reason why you did not just change and remove it for now).

I don't see what is so insulting about a simple ad.

It's not any worse than all those bank emails that are sent out that "you have been preapproved for ....." even though you already have a mortgage, 2 Credit cards, a chequing account, 3 investment accounts, and a line of credit with them.

It's just normal advertising.

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭

Hey @Rene C. #19895,

You seem to experience a couple of issues.

Alert settings

You can't blame an automated system to remind you of using a service, especially when you chose to be informed that way in your account preferences. The settings are Roaming alerts and while you are there uncheck Smarter advice to be 100% free of Fizz recommendations.

Those settings are under My Settings ► Communications ► Plan Communications preferences ► Smarter advice.

Ticket handling

Have you tried opening a ticket with Fizz about your inability to use the CAN+USA plan you paid for? What was the result or their suggestion?

Maybe there is a mobile setting you need to tweak like enable roaming.

If you haven't been able to contact Fizz, do so it is easy. The chat bubble is the best tool to reach Fizz. This forum is mostly for mutual help between customers. To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are that it is 24/7 real-time with waiting time management and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

• Mastaiso
    Mastaiso Posts: 834 ✭✭

@Rene C. #19895

Man seriously calm down... This is an automated message sent to all the customers that connects to a US cell phone tower..

If you have a Can-US plan, you won't be charged. The CRTC is requesting all carrier to gives all the pay per use details to every customers in roaming,

Have a nice day ✌🏻

• Rene C. #19895

CRTC - Canada Rude Telecom Club?

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Calm down? I do not understand how you can even remotely say this email is offensive. It's a normal automated message being sent to you. Since you have US coverage you can ignore it.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

If you are really this offended, you can always leave. 🤷‍♂️

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

This is a normal message. Nothing offensive there...

• Rene C. #19895

Blah! Blah! Blah!

• Rene C. #19895

Program your Limited Robot brain... To Stop telling paying customers that they don't have the service in their package. Rather, thank you for using our services and hope it went well. Would be more appropriate.

Customer

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

You should remain polite in the forum discussions. We are trying to help you. The message is simply an advertisement to tell you to pay extra IF you do not have a plan or add-ons for the US.

In your case, it should be fine because you have a Canada-USA plan. Please tell us more information if it doesn't work.

• Rene C. #19895

Why, Robots aren't intelligent.

• Moumoupog
    Moumoupog Posts: 17 ✭✭

Can you just calm down? Bots are bots. They do what they are programmed for and you shouldn't acting like that. They try to do their job. And for the bots. They are just reminding you. It's your fault because someone just said that you should just uncheck "Smart advice".

• Mastaiso

A good point with robots is they are not complaining because they received a generic email. 😂

• Mastaiso
    edited December 2021

Are you ok ?maybe you need some other kind of assistance? 😉

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

There is a big "IF" in the email. So it is a generic AD compaign, to remind ANY of thier customers that the service IS available if you don't have it and potentially need it, now that travel to the USA is less restricted.

If that is the worst thing you consider "SPAM" that you have in your mailbox, then you are super lucky..

• Deh
    Deh Posts: 573 ✭✭

Learn to read it's just a normal message sent to everyone, if it doesn't apply to you then ignore it.

Next time they might not send the message to you if it doesn't apply to you

• Jason D. #5386
    Jason D. #5386 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm not seeing what's offensive, I get it every time I go to the US, it's simply an automatic reminder.

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

The message may not be offensive, but it is misleading and has confused at least one elderly friend who is a client.

It didn't help that the phone did not work in the US, even though they had a US+Canada plan, so the two things together create a perfect storm of angst and frustration.

I paid for it. It's not working. Now they want me to pay more! Who can I call to get this fixed?

Fizz needs to do better with alerts. They should be necessary, actionable, and clear.

Otherwise, don't sent it.

And when I used chat to try to figure out what went wrong, they suggested I swap the SIM into another phone to diagnose the problem. Right. Because my 70 year old friend carries around an extra phone in case she needs to debug...

This discussion has been closed.