do payments stop automatically if I transfer the Fizz number to another provider?

Options

Hello, I was wondering: if I decide (ever) to move to another provider:

1) do I have to transfer my phone number from Fizz by myself, or the new provider takes care of this?

2) do the auto-payments with Fizz stop right away?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

1> When you make a request to your new provider to move, they contact Fizz and Fizz sends you a text message to authorize the release of your number to the new provider.

2> As soon as the number is ported, the auto-payments should stop. But it doesn't hurt to check and make sure a payment option is not attached to the old plan (if it is still under your acccount).

NOTE: Your line needs to be ACTIVE when you make the port request to another provider. InActive lines can't be transfered.

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you sign a contract with a new provider, they will ask you if you want to transfer your number. There is a whole system where you need to give your current account number and your current provider to validate the transfer. Once this is done, Fizz will send you a text message to port your number to your new provider.

If you transfer your number to another provider, this automatically ends your Fizz contract, meaning that payments will stop.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.