Changes to Fizz Plans

StefanM
StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

It seems Fizz has again changed its mobile plan structure. The 3GB and 4GB plans are gone.

Just pointing it out for your information. Fizz is continuously updating and changing their plans, so I am sure those will come back eventually.

Comments

• telmorrr
    telmorrr Posts: 89 ✭✭

yeah i noticed it too

• Saamenerve
    Saamenerve Posts: 81 ✭✭

Definitely noticed that, glad that I get to keep my 4gb plan tho

• StefanM

Same here. I have the 4GB too and this works by far the best for me.

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

I can still see and choose 3GB for data, 2GB and 4GB are gone however, they change their plans almost on a monthly basis.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭

It does look like the 3GB plan is back for now. The data plans available now are: 0GB, 1GB, 3GB, 6GB, 11GB, 13GB, 15GB and 20GB.

Even though prices and offers have changed, I am happy to keep my 9GB plan. Fizz is great! 👌

• StefanM

Hi everyone. Please note that my post is already a bit outdated as it was posted on August 11th :)

• StefanM

Yep, that's the beauty of Fizz. You can change and adjust the plans according to their habits. For now the 4GB is great for me with the data-roll over. Even though I am leaving my apartment again, I am just walking from one Wifi network to another. On the go I am usually only use FaceTime Voice. So the 4GB works quite well for me.

• Melanie D. #39935
    Melanie D. #39935 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

When they change a plan, does that affect the one you've subscribed to? I see a 9GB plan that comes and goes, if $39/month goes from 6GB to 9GB will they change my plan from 9GB to 6GB?

• StefanM

Nope, as long as you do not modify your plan the price and the GB amount will stay the same, even when they do not offer the plan anymore :)

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭

Yup, Fizz changes rates now and then.

It's up to us to check them once in a while because Fizz will respect ours as a grandfathered rate specified in the Services agreement, the PDF you can see in your account in My plans ►Manage ► Services Agreement .

• jfmartel
    jfmartel Posts: 57 ✭✭

The 12gb plan is hard to beat right now!

• Laur3nt
    Laur3nt Posts: 18 ✭✭

I was on the 6GB, and was able to upgrade to the 9GB for the same price during Christmas promotion. The other company won't let you do that !

• Deh
    Deh Posts: 573 ✭✭

I still have the old data/price options (1,4,9,12)

I guess i'll come back in a day or two and they'll update?

• TheBlob
    TheBlob Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

I'm still on the 4GB plan, with the launch prices i intend to keep as long as i can (not planning to change my plan anytime soon, per the launch rules).

With data rollback every month, i have more than enough and i'm running closer to 11-12 in bank at all time, so i give gigs once in a while. If i had to redo it, i'd take the old 2GB plan to save even more money but hey, not in position to complain.

• Mimimi
    Mimimi Posts: 13 ✭✭

I still find it odd that the smaller increments of data plans are leaving to give way to bigger ones, BUT the upper limit of 20GB is still the high limit. If everyone is consuming more data, wouldn't it make sense to have a 25 GB or 30GB plan?

• Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭

The best advice is to always look, they change all the time, you never know when a good deal is going to pop up !

• Hello @Emmanuel S. #36497 and @Mimimi, the Fizz Mobile offers seem to be a moving goal post. I check competitors often, Fizz is no longer competitive with higher data offerings. Prior to the most recent change, you could have Canada coverage and 13GB/mo for under $40/mo. When you go to 15GB/mo or more, Videotron or even the big three offer better value with unlimited options. The Fizz rewards programs demand too many points for meaningful rewards for the average user to obtain. My opinion..

• StefanM

You are absolutely right, which is why I think at some point they will re-adjust this again. As you said, it's a moving goal post.

• shao3m
    shao3m Posts: 33 ✭✭

That's the one I have, but since this thread they've changed them again, and I assume that it's because of their holiday $100 bonus, which probably made them have to recoup some of the costs of giving so many people free service for a while. No biggie. Just don't change your plan.

The only thing that sucks, is that if you wanted to change your plan (in my case, the 12GB one) from a Quebec or Quebec + Canada, to one that included the States, for example, you wouldn't pay $8 more, you'd end up paying $16 more.

Anyway, I guess that's what add-ons are for.

• StefanM

Is it just me, or did Fizz hike the price of their mobile plans significantly? I mean this must be a display error.

12GB + Canada + Unlimited Minutes + Unlimited Text Messages + Voicemail = $65

I assume this must be a mistake because that makes them more expensive than their competitors.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

@Whizz There's a display bug that started today. Not the first time this has happened.

This bug is that the price remains the same regardless of how many Gigs are chosen. Also Quebec or Canada coverage cost the same. And USA coverage is just $5 more.

If anyone wants to sign-up for mobile or make a plan change, you'll need to wait a bit for the fix.