POV on Fizz!

Hey Fizzers!

I'm opening a simple discussion in order to get some feedback on how your journey with Fizz is going. I've been a member for only a couple of months and was wondering about other members point of view.

Have some of you travelled while using Fizz? Are the bonuses worth it? What could potentially be upgraded/bonified?

Thanks for your replies!! 🕺

Comments

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

I only have Fizz internet.

Transition from my previous ISP was very smooth. No issues so far. Have been moderately active in the forums (as time permits), trying to help fellow Fizz members when I can, and so far, I have also accumulated another recurring $4/m off my monthly bill. Making my bill quite a bit smaller than when I was with my previous ISP.

Since I already had my own elaborate network setup at home, with my own firewall appliance and 3 Wireless Access points, I only use the provided modem in Bridged mode, so all it's routing and wifi features are turned off.

So far, no complaints.

• Emeric-Valentine
    Emeric-Valentine Posts: 171 ✭✭

When i'm at home with Fizz internet, some time I Have some random disconnection

When i'm outside a I have to phone because Fizz is the only mobile provider that doesnt have eSIM 🤷

• Steve C. #40998
    Steve C. #40998 Posts: 22 ✭✭

Fir myself, I only had trouble with wifi so I use my own router since 2 years no issue.

• Deh
    Deh Posts: 573 ✭✭

I haven't travelled so I can't say about that part, but i found the mobile hotspots a little slow. That's my only complain, the coverage is good enough (laurentides)

• Saamenerve
    Saamenerve Posts: 81 ✭✭

mostly positive!

• Saamenerve

Customer service may be somewhat mediocre, but otherwise I am happy with fizz

• fernlou
    fernlou Posts: 2 ✭✭

When travelling, I regretted not getting the travel add-on because I couldn't make or receive calls or texts and had to rely on whatsapp using wifi only. But part of why I didn't buy it in the first place was because it didn't have the ability to make calls even with the add-on, so I would have been using data the entire time anyway (this was to Europe). Otherwise, I've had no problems with my phone plan.

• fernlou
    fernlou Posts: 2 ✭✭

Getting the internet set up took a long time and the technician didn't show up the first two times, and we also couldn't book the appointment to have it until after our previous roommate had moved out because she had also been with Fizz.

• Chèvre_69
    Chèvre_69 Posts: 58 ✭✭

Love it !

• FizzJesus_4V43P
    FizzJesus_4V43P Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey peeps

Fizz is making me feel like i have unlimited data I even have more then need. Been traveling a bit in Quebec and Ontario LTE+ was on all the way! The data gifting options is a nice feature to have. The that that rollover is great especially during this pandemic.

.FizzJesus

• Saamenerve

Mostly positive imo. Price is fair, rollover data is a bless and perks are great too! Currently paying under market prices because I made my plan a few years back

• Thats some nice feedback. I agree with the customer service being a bit querky, but nothing's perfect. I was with Bell before and while it costed about the same price as with Fizz (I think fizz is about 1-2 $ more), the data rollover and the whole add-on are very interesting features. I wish they'd have faster internet deals (1G/s for example) to match their rivals on that part.

Visual voice mail is also quite nice to have!

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

How were you able to pay less with Bell? They are usually very expensive...

• Saamenerve

Agreed, my experience with Bell has been as negative as it gets, and the price is definitely on top of the list

• They're really pricey, I agree. It seems it was just my luck to have been with them for so long. Left them because it was actually also a pain to keep my prices low as they would never stop calling to challenge my file. 😅

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

Sometimes this negociation stuff becomes annoying. I prefer to get lower prices from the get go rather than painful repeat negociations.

• Deh
    Deh Posts: 573 ✭✭

I was with koodo and was trying to get lower prices (that would still be higher than what I currently have with Fizz) and they refused the 3 times I contacted them. I threatened to leave and they they're sorry to see me leave.

I"m so glad I switched to fizz.

• Blitzen
    Blitzen Posts: 26 ✭✭

I'm in Gatineau and I only have internet and can't say I've been impressed so far.....cuts out periodically...never had that before.

• MarcVivian
    MarcVivian Posts: 120 ✭✭

Thank you!

• jfmartel
    jfmartel Posts: 57 ✭✭

So far so good but it's missing VoLTE and Wifi Calling!

• Damien L. #2266
    Damien L. #2266 Posts: 29 ✭✭

For my part it is great.

I was in Early adopters, so cheap plans for my phone's lines (25$ for a 1gb plan and 25$ for a 2gb plan). With the rollover, I have 5-6 gb available per month.

I add internet. I'm satisfied for now.

With all those plans I will reach level 7 soon and I was able to add 1gb/month per line , a 1$/month rebate for one line and a 7$/month rebate on my internet.

So far so good.

• Steviewondering
    Steviewondering Posts: 12 ✭✭

Can't wait to travel and see how I can use my cell while on a trip but i'll have to wait after covid restrictions. I was with Virgin before and when i switched my internet to fizz they started to give me free gig for my cell for first time. I asked in the past when i saw better deals elsewhere and they didnt give me anything. If I would have gone back for home internet i would have got a 50$ visa. So it seems that Virgin is more generous for new customer then existing ones. Also their perks are not that interesting, other then the 2 for 1 at cineplex there's not much interesting.

So far with fizz, i had to restart my modem at home a couple of times but other then that its going well. My cell no cut of cell service so far.

One downside, the one gig plan is pricier then Public Mobile.

• Vesper
    Vesper Posts: 31 ✭✭

Switched a couple months ago to Fizz after having to constantly deal with the Videotron customer service and spending hours on the phone trying to keep my bill down (it increased by more than 30% after some rebates ended although I had been with them for a few years). 😡

For everyone who's comfortable with technology (and not depending on customer service/technical support), Fizz is sooo much better. Competitive prices, reliable network, not to mention the data perks and rebates on monthly bill almost from the start.

Just can't get why there are not more people on it yet! 😲

• Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭

It's been rock solid for me, but cellular and internet.

Their WiFi router is not the best but I just use my own.

• Samuel W. #3199
    Samuel W. #3199 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Just perfect

• Samuel W. #3199
    edited February 2022

I will be.

• Samuel W. #3199
    edited February 2022

level five

• Samuel W. #3199
    edited February 2022

soon☺️☺️☺️

• Samuel W. #3199

Just perfect

• Disappointed
    Disappointed Posts: 9 ✭✭

Don't know about anyone else. But I'm about ready to never touch this company again. I only have problems with them.

My internet has been closed twice by them due to failure of payments. Which they never told me. Only sending me an email after the plan is suspended.

The non existent customer service is fun to deal with also.

I'd advice to just go with something that works and doesn't cut you off without you knowing your payment fails.

Third rate company that's not worth investing money or time in. If it wasn't for the cheap internet this company would have already have been closed down for every shitty thing they do.

Just go with bell or Videotron or any other cheap company. At least you'll be able to deal with a problem the day of. Not the week after.

• mimillenium
    mimillenium Posts: 48 ✭✭

I was thinking on going with their internet but thanks for your input I'll look into some others options!

• Gowthrin
    Gowthrin Posts: 11 ✭✭

Better than the others imo, good perks, free goodies. whats not to like?

• Runtime05
    Runtime05 Posts: 1 ✭✭

I’m 5 months in, and so far so good. Speed was slightly faster than advertised, small discounts as you remain a customer. No equipment to purchase or rent.

• Christine
    Christine Posts: 707 ✭✭

Bonuses, Roll over and data gifts are good and the price is ok too! So far I am satisfied with both internet and mobility plans.

• Mataze
    Mataze Posts: 2,066 ✭✭

Make sure to understand what is really Fizz. It is not for everyone. Have been with Fizz for almost 1 year. Everything is good so far. Customer services, internet speed, mobile plan etc. I live northshore of Montreal and connection is pretty good. No issue here. I guess it depends where you live sometimes.

Obviously, for having these prices, you need to cut somewhere. They don't offer "personnal services" and they dont have any offices like Bell or Videotron and sometimes, it can delay the speed of the answer or thelp to your question or inquiries.

However, the community is huge and the forum helpful. There are different ways to contact them.

You need to be a little bit autonomous and self-thaught.

Cheers

• Aether
    Aether Posts: 18 ✭✭

For Fizz Mobile... as long as you don't require customer support and prefer a more self-directed experience it's perfect. The 20GB for $58 price is so much better than Robellus ($65).

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭

Absolutely no issues!

I got my friend on Fizz, he had some trouble transferring his line from Videotron but it was resolved in a day.

The minute there's catastrophic issues, I can always go see another provider with in person customer service to get my # transferred, but in all honesty, I don't see that happening.

• brouleau21
    brouleau21 Posts: 176 ✭✭

Fizzer for 4 months now and completely happy. Gifting a lot, got some gifts that saved my month. and data rollover is great!

Bonuses andrewards are also great.

• RexNewton
    RexNewton Posts: 24 ✭✭

Hey!

For the pros I’d say it’s the less expensive Wifi on the market actually

For the cons I’d say it’s kind of hard to reach customer service and my router stopped working for a couple of day twice…

Overall it’s worth it I’d say

• Janetlxj
    Janetlxj Posts: 11 ✭✭

In terms of the roll over and the price, it’s competitive than other big company. I just want to mention when F**os has a breakdown, fizz doesn’t. So all of the friends who used that company’s plan had to reply on me which is kind of hilarious.

For some improvement, since there is no real shop, the accessibility could be better for old people or people in need.

• zipilgrim
    zipilgrim Posts: 77 ✭✭

I moved to Fizz mobile this summer after more than decade of unhappy Fido service. No regrets so far. I see a lot of people complain about the bad Fizz service and other comments about this coming with the low price - honestly, Fido's service wasn't any better and I was paying between twice and three times more. Every time I went to their offices they were completely unhelpful and asked me to call the number, which entailed anywhere between 1 and 3 hours of waiting (followed by another hour to to get the problem solved - literally had to set aside a whole day for this). The one time I had a problem with Fizz support was mediocre, but at least I'm not paying as much. And there's something to be said for the incredible amount of flexibility they offer.

• Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭

I live in a rural spot and nothing works fine, so might as well pay the lowest price.

• CJ Ref Code B43SA
    CJ Ref Code B43SA Posts: 288 ✭✭

Sounds like a lot of people are mentioning the WiFi isn't so grand, I guess getting your own router is the way to go - thanks for sharing all the feedback!

• SquikyBird
    SquikyBird Posts: 1,614 ✭✭

More then one years and good so far. Problems can be solved generaly by chat.

• Fizztastique
    Fizztastique Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi there!

Thanks for starting this discussion and sharing your experience with Fizz. I've been a member for a while now, and overall I've had a positive experience with the company.

As for traveling with Fizz, I've found that the bonuses do come in handy. I've been able to use my data and make calls in the US without any extra charges. However, it's always a good idea to check the coverage in the area you'll be visiting before you leave.

As for upgrades and bonuses, I think Fizz does a good job at offering different plans to suit different needs. However, I would love to see more options for international roaming.

Overall, I'm happy with my choice to go with Fizz and would recommend it to others. Keep us updated on your journey!

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

Very positive

• Michael P. 8945
    Michael P. 8945 Posts: 37 ✭✭

Mobile so far has been great .. price was what got us to sign up ..

but Internet was a bit unstable so we decided not to switch over

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,355 ✭✭

So far so good! Wish I switched way before…

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

Fizz mobile here. So far so good. The prices ad data rollover are good.