We now have Visual voicemail đŸ˜±

Options
Whizz
Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin

For those who aren’t familiar with Visual voicemail, let’s just say it’s a whole new ball game. Among its amazing features, a special mention goes out to listening and managing your messages without having to “call” your voicemail. Love. Love. Love.  

And not only that, Visual voicemail is now our basic voicemail. Yup, for $2/month, you get the whole enchilada. Just make sure you also have data in your plan.  

Once your plan is set, you just need to set up your phone.  

• Android members > Download the Fizz | Visual voicemail app on Google Play. 
  • Apple members > You need iOS 15 or a later version, with a iPhone 6S or more recent.  
    1. Any issues, and you've verified you're using iOS 15 or later please turn your device on/off
    2. If you power-cycled your device and are still having the same issue, please send the following text: "STATE to 44744" this should do the trick.

Need more details? Check out our FAQ.   

Let us know what you think! 

The Fizz team 

Comments

• Alexane R.
    Alexane R. Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

Regular voicemail does not work anymore since this morning.. When I enter the pin, the line drops..

• Whizz
    Options

Hi @Alexane R. Which device are you using?

• Termite
    Termite Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Absolutely love this feature, before this i was ignoring every single one of my VM because it’s a hassle to check them.

LOVE IT, Keep doing what you do :-)

• Ludovic G. #333
    Ludovic G. #333 Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options

Does not work for me : Iphone 11 iOS 15.0.2

Error com.apple.mobile-phone erreur 1035

• Jimmy S. 2552
    Jimmy S. 2552 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

The instructions are not clear! I do not see anywhere on my phone settings something called Visual Voicemail and I have iPhone 13Pro with iOS 15.2. The instructions led me to change my plan but I don’t want to

• GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Options

How long before its fully deployed?

iPhone 8 with IOS 15.0.2 here rebooted 3 times and still have regular voicemail

• FizzUser1
    FizzUser1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Not working on iPhone 13. iOS 15.0.2 after multiple restarts.

• Alvaro F.
    Alvaro F. Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Options

Not yet working on Iphone SE2 Ios 15.0.2 I'm still getting the old voicemail prompts

• Malika D. #33441
    Malika D. #33441 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

My old voicemails were deleted! They were really important to me, and now they’re gone. No warning. A little heads-up would have been greatly appreciated, I would’ve found a way to keep them, but now I can’t

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Well done Fizz! Kudos to you for always improving :)

• Charles N. #20714
    Charles N. #20714 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Visual Voicemail wasn’t working for me on iOS. Confirmed that texting STATE to 44744 resolved the problem.

• SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Options

Bravo Fizz! This is a great step forward.

• FizzUser1
    Options

Seems to be resolved with the STATE text to 44744. Thank you.

• BUDDYMAN
    BUDDYMAN Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Options

Only works for ios 15? Won't work for 13/14?

• FizzUser1
    Options

Will visual voicemail messages be accessible outside Fizz calling area? Will they download over Wifi or other data plan?

• GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Options

Visual Voicemail will use whatever data type your on

If your on wifi it will use wifi if not it will use data

• Dan H. #33101
    Dan H. #33101 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Sweet
 transcription too
 finally
 Voicemail always felt so 1993

(Original Gen iPhone SE
Had to do the text STATE to 77477 thing
)

• SLY
    SLY Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Options

Not working for me on Android 12. At activation when sending a Text to 44744 nothing is happening nor when sending STATE at the number. I have a '' Messages synchronization error'' when trying to refresh the screen.

Whizz?

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options

Whizz's tip of texting "STATE" to "44744" did the trick for my wife and I, both on iOS 15 on iPhone XR and iPhone 11. We had already updated iOS to latest version, checked carrier settings (Fizz 47.0), and rebooted our phones. Thanks Whizz!

• redhead
    Options
  • Whizz
    Options

Hello SLY, 

Thank you for letting us know. 
    Can you please contact us in private so that we can help you further with this situation?

Looking into your account, I noticed you have multiple plans, therefore, the need to contact us. You can find our contact methods by checking any FAQ, such as https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail ,

andclick on the Question mark that's on the right-hand side of thewebsite.

Have a nice day.

-Bogdan

• Whizz
    Options

For Android devices all you need to do is download the Fizz VM app and follow the on screen prompts. There is no need to Text to 44744 for Android devices.

Jay

• redhead
    Options

Whizzy, may I suggest that the FAQ include the text to STATE trick since many Reddit users said that is what made the visual voicemail work?

• Whizz
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Julien C. 19625 great question - the reason why, is that with Android only certain devices have this ability - not all. So if we would have used the native Visual voicemail for Android, not everyone would benefit from it. Having the App makes VVM available to all Android users no matter the device they carry.

Cheers,

Jay

• Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options

Hey @SLY Do you have a ad blocker or a custom DNS setting? Turn that off and that should fix your issue.

• Curtiss
    Curtiss Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

woohoo something I didnt know i didn't want 😀

• SLY
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Code_KRUEW No, nothing like that but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

• telmorrr
    telmorrr Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Options

i love it!

• Bmtl
    Bmtl Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options

Thanks fizz for visual voicemail . You are definitely the best cellphone provider out there. You make us the customers feel important and reward us for being loyal and we appreciate it. Keep up the great work 👍

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Options

It doesn't seem to work (iPhone XR with latest IOS). Thoughts?

• SLY
    edited October 2021
    Options

Found the problem for those of you who has a Pixel phone (4a for me), I indeed had a custom DNS that seems to be the default one set by Google since I have not change that settings myself. Hope it will help anyone that are stock with that problem...

I have Changed the following setting from parameters --- Network & Internet --> Private DNS -->

Change from --> PRIVATE DNS PROVIDER HOSTNAME (set at DNS.GOOGLE)

To --> AUTOMATIC

Thanks to @Code_APKYN tip that help me focus in the right direction to find that setting.

• SLY
    Options
  • Dukestep
    Dukestep Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Quick question, seems like having a custom DNS trips up the Android app. Removing the custom DNS provider seems to fix the issue. Is there any way around this other than deactivating the DNS provider in our settings to check our voicemail via the app? I'm using AdGuard FWIW.

• Chris X.
    Chris X. Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options

Just a friendly reminder that you have to have data plan to enjoy the visual voicemail. Tried yesterday without a data plan didn’t work.

• snickt
    snickt Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Interesting!

• Dave_17
    Dave_17 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options

Indeed I would like to know if they plan to use the android integrated voice mail one day?

• Catalin C. #14095
    Catalin C. #14095 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options

I didn't try it as I use opera browser which has it's own ad blocker but in theory you could use blokada and add fizz visua voice-mail to the bypass list.

If you try it and it works, leave a reply :)

• Steve C. #40998
    Steve C. #40998 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Options

Working god thanks!

• Bernard_01
    Bernard_01 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Who do you text « STATE to 44744 » to ?

• a1rt
    a1rt Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

wow that's a neat feature!

• ChĂšvre_69
    Chùvre_69 Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options

Love the VVM so simple !!

• Sickboy
    Sickboy Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options

Pretty cool feature thanks!

• MTeasdale
    MTeasdale Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Options

I'll need to check this out.

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Options

Nice feature! Thanks!

• Saamenerve
    Saamenerve Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Options

nice!

• redhead
    Options

If you are on iOS and do not see visual voicemail, the texte "STATE" (without the "") to 44744 will make it work (at least it did for my wife and I).

This discussion has been closed.