I got two (2) emails from my old provider to transfer my phone number to Fizz

Normtail
Normtail Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in My Mobile

The problem is the Public Mobile is only requesting that I transfer my phone number from Fizz to Public Mobile again.

Emails received from Public Mobile:

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Make sure your old SIM card is inside your device, and your account

with your previous provider is still active.•For additional security, your previous service provider may

send a text or email to validate the transfer request.•Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to

approve the number transfer.•Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other

members on the old account, as well as any junk or spam folders.2. After you have responded to this security message, replace

your old SIM card with your Public SIM•The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to

complete for a mobile phone number.•When you transfer a landline number, the process can take

up to 3 business days.•You may experience mixed service during this process

until the transfer is complete.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Normtail,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I can see you have a transfer request to Fizz but it was not complete since you did not validate the confirmation text. You will receive a text on your Public SIM to which you need to reply with Yes within 90 minutes. 
    Please retry the transfer and confirm it.
    Here you can find more information: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz
    If you encounter any difficulties please contact our support team via chat and we will assist you further. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• LouisB
    LouisB Posts: 553 ✭✭

Did they offer you a beter price ?

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Normtail

Hi,

you should contact their customer service if you have not requested a transfer of your number.

• Normtail
    Normtail Posts: 21 ✭✭

No,

How to find, identify, and send a proper validate the confirmation text?

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

You need to keep your old SIM card from your previous provider in your phone until you receive the text from your previous provider

It is possible to transfer your phone number to your new Fizz plan, but first and foremost DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CURRENT CONTRACT. Only active numbers are eligible for transfer to a new provider.

The choice to transfer your current number is made when you activate your SIM. To learn more, see: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz?

Your number will be transferred and activated within two hours of activating your SIM card. To learn more about this, see: I just activated my SIM card. How long before I can use my plan? 

I am having difficulty transferring my number. Why?

There are several reasons why we may have been unable to transfer your current phone to your Fizz plan. You will receive an in-account notification explaining why the transfer failed and providing next steps for solving the problem. How to check your Fizz notifications

2. The transfer authorization request sent by text was not approved or answered on time.

When you activate your SIM card and request to transfer your number over to Fizz, your current provider will send you by text a transfer authorization request to confirm your wish to transfer this number. Failure to answer this authorization request, or if the request is denied, means that your transfer request was cancelled. You must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

The transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider must be answered by the set deadline. If not, it will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to submit a new request.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

5. Technical difficulties

You will receive an email and/or in-account notification within two hours that provides details about the specific issue and the steps needed to resolve any technical difficulties.

While we resolve this technical difficulty, your new Fizz plan will be activated so you can start using it. You will be able to make calls, text and use your data. You will not be able to receive calls or text messages (they will still be directed to your old provider). Read your in-account notifications. 

• yoddie
    yoddie Posts: 79 ✭✭

This is something they need to deal with. The issue is not with Fizz.

This discussion has been closed.