How is Fizz so good?

Auracle
Auracle Posts: 4 ✭✭

Ok hear me out.

Videotron is absolute garbage. Bell is absolute filth. Most internet/phone network providers try so snort your money out of every hole you have.

Fizz feels like a polished transparent glass sheet that everyone respect, but how? What is going on?

Is Fizz business model transparency and stability to replace Videotron and Bell?

If so I'll make Fizz my religion because every company should be like this

Comments

• Dave031
    Dave031 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Agreed! Will this new paradigm replace the old? I sure hope so!

• KerberosMorphy
    KerberosMorphy Posts: 89 ✭✭

Honestly, I'm new here like 1 day old, but I already meet a lot of issues with their website, Bad UI at some place, bad z-index in the CSS at other place, local storage is full of useless stuff, the annoying popup asking me to install the PWA.

The lack of feature for mobile is also problematics, no Wi-Fi calling support.. I currently have a old phone, but juste for that my girlfriend wont transfert to Fizz since we live in a half-basement and the mobile signal is really bad.

I appreciate the good price for the Internet, I transfert from TekSavvy and it's only because my student status and low incomes make me choose for a better price for more speed.

People and easy forum interface with fidelity points from interaction is what make Fizz great, so mainly their own customer.

• Auracle
    Auracle Posts: 4 ✭✭

Special. I never had any issue with the CSS.

Been here for 2 years and I noticed only one mistake on the pricing CSS display more than a year ago, and its fixed since, I didn't even report it.

We really have a different experience. By the way, don't even look at local storage, most huge websites are way worst than this, just go on videotron or bell's website, its gonna be 50 times worst.

• Emeric-Valentine
    Emeric-Valentine Posts: 171 ✭✭

Price still expensive compare with all oooother countries in that f.. world ... Otherwise yep is ok

• Fizz
    Fizz Posts: 1 ✭✭

If you really care about price, use fizz, otherwise no.

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭

true!

• telmorrr
    telmorrr Posts: 89 ✭✭

Thanks for the information!

• Kevin P. #2908
    Kevin P. #2908 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Fizz is Videotron and they are really trying to compete with the others. They are doing an amazing job.

• Yourboi

Yeah.

• Yourboi

Most people take fizz for its price.

• Yourboi

Or for the bonuses.

• Yourboi

Have a good day.

• Kevin P. #2908

I agree

• Kevin P. #2908

With Yourboi

• Kevin P. #2908

And I love...

• Kevin P. #2908

Bonuses.

• Kevin P. #2908

Have a great day.

• Danny M. #31189
    Danny M. #31189 Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi Kevin P, hope you have a great day too.

I think fizz is great if your know your stuff.

• Danny M. #31189
    Danny M. #31189 Posts: 378 ✭✭

Thanks

• Dave_17
    Dave_17 Posts: 24 ✭✭

Anyone is able to get a better price that the current 9gig for 39$? If you include the -1$ perk, it's 38$ for 9 gigs?

• Emeric-Valentine

Yeah for the moment in canada, difficult to beat.

• Pianotime
    Pianotime Posts: 48 ✭✭

I like ebox for internet but not seeing anything close in mobile. I'm all ears!

• MathLaj
    MathLaj Posts: 22 ✭✭

Agree. Fizz is the only provider I found that offers data-only plan for decent price (cheap price, but I don't wanna write this as they will see potential for increasing price haha)

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

Agreed we are way too expensive compared to other countries (monoloplies don't help), but not really fair to compare considering our population density. A lot of the pricing is to subsidize the crazy costs to run infrastructure to many rural areas where in many cases they lose money building the infrastructure, which is why many rural areas still have no infrastructure and forced to rely on alternate means to get internet.

Fizz internet pricing is definately more competitive than most others. I was lucky and my installation was super smooth. But they do need to do something to improve the many technician install "no shows" that are being reported. Fizz, and the installation technicians all belong to Videotron. So why do they not try to imporve this, or at least better communication to people they are forced to change appointments on.

For Mobile, it all depends on the type of user. I am a very light user, and don't use much data. I find something like PM is cheaper for my usage style. PM however has data only at 3G speeds (pefectly fine for me since I don't use it much, but for some it is not). So it depends on usage style/needs.

• Emeric-Valentine

Sorry but you wrong about "pricing is to subsidize the crazy costs to run infrastructure to many rural areas where in many cases they lose money building the infrastructure" it's an excuse from Canadian provider to maintain the price.

You can compare with Australia, this country is the most comparable to Canada : Low population, Cities only close to coast, big country... and Internet and mobile plan price is 2 to 3x lower than us... (finland and sweden too)

The only real reason for the crazy Canada prices is monopole and wrong politics choises taken in 2000's

• Jdhresearch3
    Jdhresearch3 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Honestly I switched to Fizz a couple of months ago and now I'm never switching. Videotron is definitely bad but have you ever used Freedom everything from service to tech support all the way to their website it's actually unbelievable that people stick with them.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

Try PCMobile (as in PResident's Choice mobility). Network is fine, since they use Bell's network. BUT, everything else is a joke. When you do manage to talk to someone, they are clueless. And there is no web site to log in and check/do anything.

Wife lost her phone a while back. Sh!t happens. I already had a spare PCMobile Sim card and still had her old phone. So I took the new SIM card, called up PCMobile, and they could NOT transfer her account to a new sim card. Apparently, a bug in the system. They could activate new cards, but not transfers. They said it may take up to a week to sort it out. Crazy. Then a week goes by, no call back, and still nothing. I call them back, and they say their system is still not working, it would be another 2 or 3 days. 3 days later, still nothing.. Call back, and I start getting aggressive, and asked for a refund of the balance on my account and I was taking my business elsewhere. I asked to speak to a manager. Put on hold for 20 minutes, and then they come back and tell me that the manager managed to find a workaround, so it should be active shortly. It was a prepaid account, so I asked to at least extend the expiry by at least 3 months (since I had a large balance and was expiring in 2 weeks). After a little arguing about being left with no cell service for 2 weeks, they finally agreed. Managed to go through the remaining balance in the extra time extension, an then I ported out. Way too incompetent.

And during the transfer process, they wanted the IMEI number of the phone. But not the last phone used, or the previous one that was lost. But the very first phone she had ever used on the plan.. Get real. Had to call dreadful customer service, to get the account number.

• l_viv1192
    l_viv1192 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I feel Fizz customers are on two different sides of the scale when it comes to their experience but personally, I've been using it since they were still in beta and 95% of the time I enjoy using the service. Cheap price with data rollover and gifting plus upgrades you can get. I've talked to customer service once at the beginning and they solved my issue pretty quickly and haven't had to contact to them since. If you're not a super picky person when it comes to phone services then Fizz a good choice.

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭

Usually I say you get what you pay for, but with Fizz it has been a pleasant surprise. Great price, decent network. A few hiccups along the way, but always resolved through chat. THANKS FIZZ

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭

It has probably to do with the style of client Fizz is targetting: yournger, tech-savy, trendy persons that played videogames at some point.

I thing the whole "experience" is fun in that aspect.

• Giantlaw
    Giantlaw Posts: 22 ✭✭

I switched from chatr to see how fizz compares so far so good.

• fizz is the best

• Steviewondering
    Steviewondering Posts: 12 ✭✭

Virgin is so not as good as Fizz on prices and their only perk is a chance to Win some perks or rebates with partners that i never won in 7 years. They also dont reward loyal customers. With fizz at level 1 I already have a 1$ rebate on my internet. I realy like the business model of fizz.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Fizz is owned by Videotron. They are shipped because they do not offer support with phoe nor have they shops. so the service is not as best as the one of Videotron, You are paying for what your get for...

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭

Fizz offers flexible plans at good prices. Even if you purchase a discounted phone, you are not tied to a specific mobile plan. You can change your plan monthly as you want. The best parts are the extra rewards - free data, data sharing, rollover of data for 2 extra months, and more.

My favourite has to be the referral program. We will both receive $50 for signups until September 30. 😊

• Émie B. #31773
    Émie B. #31773 Posts: 57 ✭✭

I agree !!

• Émie B. #31773
    Émie B. #31773 Posts: 57 ✭✭

Yeahhhh !!!

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

Fizz is a Videotron flanker brand just like Koodo for Telus or Fido for Rogers. It allows them to offer a cheaper product to price conscious customers without cannibalizing their own customer base.

They set it up in a way that caters to younger people. So customer service is online, no voice, and to keep the cost conscious businesses away, they restrict to certain addresses and also delay quick responses that a business could not tolerate.

But it all ends up in Videotron shareholder pockets eventually.

However, Videotron is effective competition to RoBelUs. When I hear lobby groups pushing for 50Mbps for $50/month plans to be available across Canada, I sit back and realize that my 120Mbps $50 plan (now $47) is not so bad.

Could they be better. I certainly hope so. That will allow for a competitor to emerge.

Once the CRTC allows for MVNOs...

• BUDDYMAN
    BUDDYMAN Posts: 51 ✭✭

interesting thoughts

• Chris X.
    Chris X. Posts: 48 ✭✭

100% I’ve tried most carriers my companies use bell right now, service is good but expensive, fizz cut costs by not having a call centre which is quite smart, and by making sure everything works and intuitively well, that’s the future not calling Rogers for hours to figure out why they charged me $50 overlimit fee

• Chris X.

Gosh I have so much to rant about Rogers, just because they’re big corporation and they think they can do whatever and there will be customers. True part of it, but I highly doubt their model will be sustainable if they aren’t oligopolies

• Chris X.

Same with Bell

• Chris X.

I would say though, fizz is so refreshing, their prices are the most down to earth, Fido has iPhone 13 the price is 45$ higher than Apple their own, not even sure where that came from, I calculated the difference, I’d have to pay $500 more to Fido in 2 years if I just buy outright and stay with fizz that’s the difference

• Chris X.

i Also love their reward model which is part of why I’m typing these answers now lol for that 50 points more to another level!

• Chris X.

i think the rewards are really what makes you stick with fizz not some corporate discount or coupon which we all know the networks got them for free just because it benefits the stores they promote. Fizz actually give you $2 off internet if you reach certain levels

• Chris X.

Which is amazing because

• Chris X.

My partner had fizz since the beta phase and he get 5 fb gift from fizz every month so he doesn’t really need to pay anything for data yet we all know the profit margin for telecommunication companies are so high that even though he pays 25$ for no data plan they still rack up tons of profit but also he won’t ever need to change to another company

• Chris X.

So it’s a win win