Subpar speed

Options
alexdilem
alexdilem Posts: 7 ✭✭

So i have the plan for 30 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload.

But i'm struggling to watch videos on Youtube in 720p. After running Google's internet speed test i'm at 8.96 Mbps download and 4.11 Mbps upload.

How can I get this fixed ?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@alexdilem

Hi Alex,

instead, try your speed test with the Fizz app, so you’ll know if it’s due to the modem, or the device used... This app is available free of charge on the Apple Store and Google Play.

If possible, do multiple tests using various devices in different locations in your space.

Compare the results obtained for download and upload speeds of your Fizz Home Internet plan.

If possible, also conduct a speed test using a device connected directly to the Wi-Fi modem by a (Eternet) network cable (RJ45).

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster#3

Answers

• gogoer
    gogoer Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options

I think you had better to use your own router with bridge mode of Fizz modem.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options

I am using Fizz modem without my own router. I am on wifi with my computer.

Check the speed that I have with testing with speedtest.net

I am not sure our own router is needed.

I havbe 120/20 .

Just saying it is depending also on the device used, wifi interference and your location..

Also where is your modem located regarding your device ?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,096 admin
    Options

Hello alexdilem,
    I am sorry to hear about the situation you encountered.
    I just verified your connection and from my side, everything is looking good.
    Your download speed is 35.56 Mbps and upload 12.01 Mbps.
    I recommend following the instructions Dapfizzer provided, including the manipulations from the FAQ and if by any chance the issue persists please contact our support team.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

• alexdilem
    alexdilem Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you guys.

I think it was just temporary for a couple hours that other day. Still frustrating. Glad it's over.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@alexdilem

You're welcome! : )

This discussion has been closed.