Daily loss of internet

Corey
Corey Posts: 1 ✭✭

Every day at one point I completely lose internet, I’ve only had Fizz for two months- I don’t understand what the issue would cause a spontaneous loss of connection everyday

Best Answer

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@Corey

Hi Corey,

you can try a factory reset of your modem, thus resetting the modem to factory conditions, by pressing and holding in the small button on the back of the modem with a thin, pointed object, for 10+ seconds. Then wait a few minutes until all lights are on and the update is complete. 

Then you'll have to open your web browser and then a Easy-Connect page by Fizz will appear and ask you to re-enter the name of the network and also the password. This operation, when you try to reconnect to your network, is more efficient when your device is directly connected to the modem, but you can also do it without a cable. It'll be as you did it when you first installed it.

The network name used, if you do the manoeuvre directly connected to the modem with the cable provided by Fizz, will be created by you, , as will the password, since the modem will have been reinitialized.

However, if you do the operation without the cable, you will need to use the codes shown on the modem to be able to access wi-fi first... 

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin

Hello Corey 
    I am sorry to hear about that,

I have verified your account and the plan is in order. No worries there.
    Also, I see that you already contacted our customer service and they helped you with a few troubleshooting steps.
    In case you are still encountering the same issues, please reach back to us and we will help you further.
    The signals are looking better now, however, in history, there are some signals that are not in the normal parameters.
    You can check this FAQ for more troubleshooting steps: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    I count on your kind understanding and cooperation!
    Have a lovely day!
    Eugen

This discussion has been closed.