will i receive a call from canada while roaming abroad ?

Options

I am planning to travel India and I want my phone should be active and I can able to make and receive call while i am in India

What is the process for this

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Receiving and making calls outside US and Canada is not possible with Fizz.

You can buy a add-on to have mobile data and then use an app.

You’ll be travelling several months abroad?

We recommend purchasing a local SIM card. This will give you access to better rates on data. Helpful tip: use messaging apps (whatsApp, Messenger...) to stay in touch on the road instead of calling and texting.

As for your Fizz plan (Internet and/or mobile), it is unfortunately impossible for now to put it on pause. The best solution if you don’t want to lose your My Rewards status along with all your upgrades and perks is to adjust your plan to its strict minimum (by only keeping the Quebec coverage in a mobile plan for instance) for the time being.

How to change my mobile plan 

How to change my Home Internet plan 

You want to use your cellphone while abroad?

1. To use your cellphone during your trip abroad, you need to buy a Travel Add-On or again add funds to your wallet to pay as you go.

Can’t decide if you need a Travel Add-On or should pay as you go? It depends on how long you will be away and how much you will be using your phone while roaming. If you will be travelling for a long time, choose a Travel Add-On (it’s more affordable, and will be valid until the end of your next payment cycle). If you’re going on a short trip, paying as you go will be more practical.

2. Make sure to activate the roaming option of your phone, or else it'll block your usage. 

Important : You will not be able to make calls while roaming outside your Canada or the United States.

Roaming calls (incoming or outgoing) will be available at a later time. We will update this FAQ when we have a firm date.

In the meantime, you will be able to use data, and send/receive texts when you travel outside your coverage zone. To make and receive calls, you can use messaging apps such as WhatsApp or Messenger.

Travel Add-On
    1. A Travel Add-On is an Add-On to your monthly plan that allows you to use data in a selected zone. A Zone is a group of countries that all share the same rate for data texts and minutes. In the Travel settings interface, enter the name of your destination country to see the zone, the countries included, and rates that apply.
    2. A Travel Add-on is a one-time package that takes effect immediately and lasts until the end of your next payment cycle.
    4. If you selected the Quebec coverage in your plan, consider buying a Travel Add-on or an International call Add-on to make your calls to Canada or the United States.
    6. To buy a Travel Add-On:
    7. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    8. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    9. Click on Manage and choose Travel.
    10. Enter the name of the main country you will be visiting. (If you’re going to more than one country, tell us where you will be spending the most time).
    11. On the next screen, select Travel Add-On.
    12. You will see different options for your travel zone. Choose the option that suits you, based on the amount of data, minutes and text you will need.
    13. Click Confirm and pay for your Travel Add-On. It will be activated immediately.
    15. Only data Add-Ons will be available during the launch phase. Voice and text Add-ons will be available at a later time. We will update this FAQ when we have a firm date.
    Pay As You Go
    2. To pay as you go when travelling outside Canada:
    3. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    4. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    5. Click on Manage and choose Travel.
    6. Enter the name of the main country you will be visiting. (If you’re going to more than one country, tell us where you will be spending the most time).
    7. On the next screen, select Pay As You Go.
    8. You will see different options for your travel zone. Choose the option that suits you, based on the amount of data, minutes and texts you will need.
    9. Click Add Money to My Wallet. This will take you to the Pay As You Go section, where you can add money to your wallet to cover travel usage. How to add funds to your wallet
    11. Roaming calls (incoming or outgoing) will be available at a later time. We will update this FAQ when we have a firm date.
    What is a Zone?
    1. A Zone is a group of countries that all share the same rate for data texts and minutes when you travel using Pay as you go or a Travel Add-on. You can therefore travel within the countries of that zone, and use the same Travel Add-on or enjoy the same Pay as you go rates.
    2. To see the rates applicable to a particular zone, as well as the countries included in that zone:
    3. Log into your account, and select My plans.
    4. Select your mobile plan, and then Manage/Travel.
    5. Enter your destination (the country).
    6. All the prices and rates for the zone in which your destination is included in will show up. You’ll also see a link to discover all the countries included in that zone.
    What happens if my Travel Add-on runs out?
    1. If your Travel Add-on runs out while you are still travelling, your account will use the funds deposited in your wallet to cover travel usage.
    What if my wallet is out of money?
    1. If money runs out in your wallet, you will lose the ability to use roaming data and texts. There is no surcharge when your wallet runs out of funds.
    2. When you are roaming, incoming texts are the the only usage that is free of charge.
    Can I choose more than one zone?
    1. Yes. For Travel Add-ons you can choose as many zones as you need based on where you are travelling.
    What are the roaming prices for each destination?
    1. You can see all applicable rates based on where you'll be travelling in your account :
    2. Log into your Fizz account.
    3. Under your mobile plan in My plans, click on Manage.
    4. Click on Travel.
    5. In this section, you will be able to consult the price of our different Travel Add-on, as well as the rates of the pay-as-you-go for your chosen destination.

Read more :

Partner networks: How does expanded coverage work in Canada?

What is an Add-On and how do I buy one? 

How do I add funds to my Fizz Wallet?

I want to know when my usage will switch to Pay As You Go. How do I know when my plan is running out?

How do I use Pay As You Go?

This discussion has been closed.