WiFi Calling - Status Update Please

Options
JeffA
JeffA Posts: 2 ✭✭

What is Fizz’s status in implementing WiFi calling? I get terrible/no Fizz reception in Boucherville (contrary to Fizz’s advertised coverage area) and cannot place/often miss important calls. WiFi calling would overcome this issue for me. Call Forwarding doesn’t work when I don’t have access to the Fizz network to enable it. Using a voip service is OK for outgoing calls, but useless for incoming calls to my mobile phone. I want one number for people to contact me - using voip does not allow this.

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Options

si vous désirez communiquer avec un ou une intervenante du service à la clientèle afin de résoudre une situation, voici la marche à suivre afin de les contacter:

1- Connectez-vous à votre compte (voir en haut à droite) https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/overview

2- Tout bloqueur de publicité de votre navigateur doit être désactivé. 

3- Vous devez être sur une fiche d'aide: https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/resoudre-un-enjeu

4- La bulle verte devrait apparaître en bas à droite de la page, cliquez et choisissez clavardage.

Il est également possible de les contacter via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca

Par message privé sur Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

Ainsi que sur Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't expect any changes on that front in the next 6-12 months as Vidéotron support is sort of minimal to begin with. It would be awesome if their internet modem came with a built-in femtocells instead of that crappy router feature.

• Kenneth A.
    Kenneth A. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This is just my 2 cents. For me WIFI calling is a game changer and should be available to compensate for poor cell service in the rural areas. Because it isn't available in 2022, I may consider switching to a company that does have it.

• JeffA
    JeffA Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I agree. I am already working on finding another service provider. I can’t get decent reception in a major urban area like Boucherville. I expect that there are other coverage black spots. WiFi calling would fix this without a doubt.

• kkl
    kkl Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options

Have you tried to use any of those Fizz EXT networks from your network search? (presumably you have the Canada wide plan Fizz allows partner roaming within Quebec)

Wondering if any of Fizz's partners are offering better reception in your area.

• SCGAT
    SCGAT Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JeffA

There is a few low-cost carrier like Fizz in Quebec that offer WiFi Calling (I try to remember which one). Habitually, you need to switch to the "big one" (here Videotron) to obtain premium features like that.

I just mention you that Fizz already offer Visual Voicemail and 4G data. The majority of low cost carriers in Canada are still offer 3G data with regular old fashioned voicemail

• Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JeffA

If you use a hi-tech VOIP phone provider in your home, like Ooma, you can use an app on your phone to send and receive calls on your mobile, by using the WiFi network of your home.

« The Ooma Mobile HD app lets you make domestic and international calls from your Apple iOS device or your Android smartphone. The application transmits the calls over your device's Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE data connection, so you don't need a cellular voice plan or cellular voice service to make and receive phone calls. »

• Fizz_doesnt_care
    Fizz_doesnt_care Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Clearly, Fizz has no intention of providing wifi calling which, of itself, is a very low cost feature for Fizz to implement and, despite the nonsense I've been told by their phone drones, they already know how to do.

Fizz is owned by Vtron, and they are simply not providing wifi on their lower end service, Fizz, to try to force some customers who need it to pay more with the more expensive options.

In the States, the low cost providers like Mint have had wifi calling for years, and years. But this is Canada, worse yet, Quebec. Where screwing the customer is always the preferred implementation of "customer value".

• dinh L.
    dinh L. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Well, is there WIFI calling that I can use in US or out of country?

Thanks.

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options

Try fongo. You get a free bumber you can call receive and even setup a call transfer if you are constantly connected to a wifi network. That's what i use when I'm out of the country.