Voice mail system not working

Options
MDC
MDC Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello all,

Every time someone calls me and I don't answer, the caller hears a message saying that the call could not be completed because the plan would not allow it. After that I get the following text:

"Action required: Your current plan did not allow you to complete this call."

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thank you in advance for any ideas and/or solution.

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,758 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi MDC

Try restarting your phone.

Check your Fizz account, make sure your plan includes unlimited calling.

Are you at home or within your subscription area? If you are outside Quebec, try enabling roaming on your phone settings.

If the problem continues, you can contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

They will surely be able to help you.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Options

Are you outside of your coverage area ?

IMPORTANT: If your phone line has been active on the Fizz network for less than 48 hours, see:  

Transferring your phone line

If you’re having difficulty making phone calls (but can receive calls) see: 

My phone can’t make any calls. How do I fix it?

Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.

See our network coverage map

If you are outside the coverage zone for the Fizz network, you can connect via our partner network.

Learn about accessing our partner network

Troubleshooting:
    Make sure you have minutes
    1. Make sure you have minutes left on your plan.
    2. If your plan does not contain any minutes, it will be impossible to receive calls on your phone.
    3. Several options are available to you in My Account under ''Manage'' to fix the situation:
    • Buy an Add-on (you can then make and receive calls immediately)
    • Add funds to your wallet (you can then make and receive calls immediately)
    • Change your plan (any plan change will be effective starting at your next payment cycle)
    2. Log into your account 
    Restart your phone
    1. Reboot (power cycle) your device by holding down the device’s start button for 10 seconds.
    2. After you reboot, your applications will reload. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network. This will allow your device to recover its authorization to access the network.
    Airplane mode or offline mode
    1. Make sure your phone is not in airplane mode or offline mode.
    2. If airplane mode or offline mode is activated on your phone, all connections such as calls, mobile data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth function, etc. will not work.
    3. The process of turning off airplane mode or offline mode will vary depending on your device. Here are two examples:
    4. Android: Slide your finger from the top to the bottom of the screen (options panel) → Offline mode
    5. iPhone: Settings → Airplane mode
    Is call forwarding activated?
    1. Make sure call forwarding is not enabled on your device.
    2. The process will vary depending on your device. Here are two examples:
    3. Android: Open the phone app → Click on the three dots on the top right of the screen → Settings → More settings → Call forwarding
    4. iPhone: Settings → Telephone → Call forwarding
    5. You can cancel call forwarding on your phone by typing #21# on your phone’s keypad.
    Is call blocking activated?
    1. Make sure call blocking is not activated on your mobile device.
    2. The process of deactivating call blocking will vary depending on your device. Here are two examples:
    3. Android: Open the phone app → Tap the 3-dot icon (top-right corner) → Call settings → Reject calls
    4. iPhone: Settings → Phone → Call blocking and identification 
    5. Note: Some devices also have a feature that blocks anonymous calls. You can modify this option by following the same steps described above.
    Is the "Do not disturb" option active?
    1. Make sure the “do not disturb” option is deactivated on your phone.
    2. The process for deactivating the “do not disturb” option will vary depending on the type of phone you have. Here are two examples:
    3. Android: Slide your finger from the top to the bottom of the screen (Options panel) → Do not disturb
    4. iPhone: Settings → Do not disturb 
    5. Note: Depending on your phone model and operating system, the "do not disturb" option may completely reject calls, or it may mute ringtones and other audible alerts. Make sure you test your phone to find out how it handles “do not disturb”.
    Is your phone on the Fizz network?
    1. Make sure your device is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network. 
    2. IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.
    3. The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    4. Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    5. iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
    Test using a different mobile phone
    1. If possible, do a test using a different mobile phone.
    2. If you have access to a phone that is compatible with the Fizz mobile network, insert your Fizz SIM card into this phone and see if you can reproduce the problem. This will tell you if your phone is the source of the problem.
    1. Conversely, if you do not have access to another phone compatible with the Fizz network but do have access to another active Fizz SIM card with a plan that includes mobile data, insert this card into your phone.
    Is your number being transferred to Fizz?
    1. If your phone number is being transferred from your previous mobile service provider to Fizz, you may not be able to receive calls and text messages.
    2. It's possible that incoming calls and text messages are still being routed to the SIM card of your previous service provider even if some services are now fully functional on Fizz.
    3. Test incoming calls with the SIM card from your previous service provider. If it works, it's probably a portability issue with your mobile line.
    5. If necessary, consult the following troubleshooting sheet: I’m having problems transferring my current phone number to Fizz
    Other FAQs of interest : 

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,106 admin
    Options

Hello MDC,

I am sorry to hear that you encountered this situation. 
    I can see that you contacted our support team and this was fixed.  
    Here you can also find useful information: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail
    Don't hesitate to reach us again if you ever need assistance. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.