I changed my phone and now my datas won't work anymore

Options

I can now call with my new phone but my datas are not working. I verified and I have still have datas left so it's very strange I can't use them

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,358 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Paul V.,

Have you checked out our FAQ here about details on how you may remedy this?
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-use-my-phone-to-access-the-internet

You can try to change your services carrier on your phone from Fizz to Fizz EXT and back before restarting your phone to see if that helps as well.

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!

Andrei

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Paul V. #33898

Have you checked to see if you have the correct APN settings ?

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

Fizz APN settings are:

• APN: mobile.bm
    • MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
    • MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    • MMS port: 80
    • APN type: default,mms,supl   

• Paul V. #33898
    Paul V. #33898 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

I selected all those characteristics and it still won't work...

• Paul V. #33898
    Options

Ho, could you describe me a little more how to do that?

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Hmm.. The settings seem fine. The only difference I see with your settings, is that you have it the "name" of mobile.bm. Most people I know call it "Fizz". Don't know if that would make a difference honestly, I have never experimented with that.

Otherwise, have you tried to restart your device ? Sometimes with new APN settings, some phones need a restart to rescan them properly.

Have you checked on your old phone ? Was it called anything else ?

If the problem persists, then you may want to contact Fizz support directly: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

• Paul V. #33898
    Options

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the technical team to evaluate my problem. My old cell is a little bit dead so I can't look at the settings anymore.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Is my phone compatible with the Fizz mobile network?
    1. Your phone needs to meet a few critera if you want to use it on the Fizz mobile network.

Android:

1. The majority of Android phones sold in North America in the last five (5) years are compatible with Fizz. Simply make sure your phone has the necessary hardware components to support the Fizz network frequencies.

iPhone:

1. There are three elements to check to find out if your iPhone is compatible with the Fizz network:
    2. 1. The model:
    • Only the iPhone 5s, or more recent, are compatible with the Fizz mobile network.
    2. 2. The operating system:
    • Make sure your phone has the latest iOS software. To do so:
      • Connect to a Wi-Fi network
      • Download the latest iOS software update
    2. 3. The carrier settings:
    • Once the software update is done, your iPhone will offer a carrier settings update to Fizz 34.1 or higher. Make sure to accept it. More information is available on the Apple website.
    Which frequencies must my phone support?
    1. For an LTE-compatible phone configured with LTE network preferences:
    • Calls: Your device must support HSPA 850 MHz
    • Mobile data: Your device must have dual-frequency support for 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV)
    2. Your phone can also support other frequencies that allow it to take advantage of the LTE network.
    3. For a phone that only allows 3G or HSPA preferred:
    • Calls and / or mobile data: The phone must support the 1700/2100 MHz frequency (also called AWS)
    Is the Wi-Fi function turned off?
    1. Make sure you have temporarily deactivated WiFi on your phone.
    2. A phone could keep trying to connect only to WiFi when its WiFi function is activated.
    3. Deactivating WiFi, at least temporarily, may enable you to access mobile data.
    4. The process of deactivating WiFi can vary, depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    5. AndroidSettings → Connections → WiFi
    6. iPhoneSettings → WiFi
    Does the phone choose the right network?

The steps for enabling your phone to automatically choose a network vary depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

AndroidSettings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhoneSettings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz

The frequency band used may vary from one service provider to another. It’s possible that your phone is not able to connect to all available mobile networks.

This discussion has been closed.