How i can ask another request for transfert my numero?

Wyliam
Wyliam Posts: 1 ✭✭

Im not able to ask another request for the text message for transfert

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Wyliam,

I am sorry for the situation encountered.
    I have verified and see that you've managed to contact us on messenger, and my colleague helped you further.
    If you have other questions, here you can find how to contact us: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a great day!
    Adelina

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

It is possible to transfer your phone number to your new Fizz plan, but first and foremost DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CURRENT CONTRACT. Only active numbers are eligible for transfer to a new provider.

The choice to transfer your current number is made when you activate your SIM. To learn more, see: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz?

Your number will be transferred and activated within two hours of activating your SIM card. To learn more about this, see: I just activated my SIM card. How long before I can use my plan? 

I am having difficulty transferring my number. Why?

There are several reasons why we may have been unable to transfer your current phone to your Fizz plan. You will receive an in-account notification explaining why the transfer failed and providing next steps for solving the problem. How to check your Fizz notifications

Reasons why we may be unable to transfer your number:

1. The number you entered was not recognized by your current mobile provider.

You may have mistyped your current phone number. Verify your phone number and try again.

Note that we can only transfer mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region. Your number must also be in the Fizz subscription area. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred to Fizz.

2. The transfer authorization request sent by text was not approved or answered on time.

When you activate your SIM card and request to transfer your number over to Fizz, your current provider will send you by text a transfer authorization request to confirm your wish to transfer this number. Failure to answer this authorization request, or if the request is denied, means that your transfer request was cancelled. You must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

The transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider must be answered by the set deadline. If not, it will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to submit a new request.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

3. Your current provider’s account number or phone IMEI is incorrect.

You may have mistyped one of these numbers. Verify your account number or IMEI and try again.

• To find your account number: Your current provider’s account number will be on your most recent bill.
    • To find your IMEI: Dial *#06# on your phone’s keyboard. An IMEI number is your phone’s ‘identity card’. Your current provider uses it to associate your phone with your account. It also allows you to identify yourself and validate your phone number when you request a number transfer. Your current provider will only recognize the IMEI for the most recent phone you used with them.

Only the IMEI from the phone you used with your previous provider can allow the transfer of your number.

If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

4. Your PIN is incorrect.

Some mobile providers (for example, Virgin) ask you to enter a PIN when you transfer your phone number. You may have mistyped this PIN. Verify you PIN and try again.

5. Technical difficulties

You will receive an email and/or in-account notification within two hours that provides details about the specific issue and the steps needed to resolve any technical difficulties.

While we resolve this technical difficulty, your new Fizz plan will be activated so you can start using it. You will be able to make calls, text and use your data. You will not be able to receive calls or text messages (they will still be directed to your old provider). Read your in-account notifications. 

6. Your line is inactive

To transfer your number from another mobile provider, you must keep your previous plan active until the transfer is completed. If you have already cancelled your plan, we will not be able to transfer your number. In this case, choose a new number.

7. You entered an administrative phone number

It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution. Please choose a new number. 

8. Your current provider is preventing your number from being transferred

It is not possible to transfer a number that has anti-port protection — a security feature that prevents numbers from being transferred. It’s also possible that your current provider has blocked your number from being transferred if you haven’t paid your bill with them. In these cases, speak with your current provider to lift the protection, or choose a new number.

Number transfers that are not currently offered.

It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.

What happens if I can’t transfer my phone number?

If it’s impossible for us to transfer your phone number (and you’re still subscribed with your old mobile service provider), your subscription with that provider remains active.

Your Fizz account will be created and you’ll be able to make calls, send texts and use your data. You won’t, however, receive any calls or texts (these will still be redirected to your old provider). If the transfer is impossible, we’ll contact you with your options.

To know more:

How do I choose my phone number?

Activation: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz?

Activation: How do I choose a random phone number?

Activation: How do I choose the last 4 digits of my phone number

How do I get a new phone number?

What if I’m unable to transfer my phone number?

I just activated my plan. How long before I can use my phone?

How do I identify my account number to transfer my number to Fizz?

How do I identify my Fizz account number to transfer my number to a competitor ?

• MyriamC

You must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account 

• MyriamC

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

• MyriamC

Where do I find my account notifications?

By default you will receive in-account payment notifications about on the Fizz plans in your account. Depending on how you set your communications preferences, you may receive other in-account notifications — about My Rewards, usage, other plans on your account, referred friends, etc.

Learn how to set your communications preferences

Login to your account to read your messages

To read your account notifications, go to the the Notifications tab in your account:

1. Go to Notifications in your Fizz account.
    2. Click on each summary to read the full notification.

This discussion has been closed.