Why does my payment method keep getting declined?

I keep trying to add my credit card but it doesn't let me, saying that the payment method is invalid.

My card is totally fine and it should be working.

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,659 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Clint

Which card are you trying to use? It's mainly MasterCard and Visa that are accepted.

You must ensure that the billing address you enter matches exactly.

If the problem continues, you can contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

To pay for your Fizz plans, you can use:

• Visa or Mastercard credit card
    • prepaid Visa or Mastercard credit cards such as Vanilla prepaid cards
    • Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit card

Only one-off payments are accepted with Vanilla prepaid cards

You CANNOT use: 

• American Express (Amex), Dinners and others credit cards 
    • A debit card 
    • A foreign credit/debit card 
    • Funds from your Fizz Wallet 

After adding your payment method(s) to your Fizz account, make sure that EACH of your plans is associated with one of them:  

1. Log into your Fizz account. 

2. Select your plan, and click on Manage/Payment method 

3. Select the payment method you wish to use each month to pay for that plan.  

Buying a Fizz phone. 

If you’re buying a Fizz phone, you can pay it in total upfront using one of the payment methods listed here just above.  

If paying upfront is not your thing, paying in instalments with PayBright is possible. PayBright is a Canadian company that offers financing plans to spread the cost of a purchase over monthly payments. PayBright must approve your request since the payments to pay for your phone will be done to PayBright, not Fizz. Approval merely takes a few minutes usually.  

How PayBright works 

IMPORTANT - Address associated to the Credit Card

When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated to your card must correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. The right info must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the address needs to be 100% identical. Pay attention to the following items:

• The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    • Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    • Hyphens
    • Spaces
    • Spelling

Tip: Make a copy and paste of what is written in your credit card statement.

If the address and postal code that you associate to your payment method are not identical to that declared to your bank for that card, you won’t be able to add this payment method.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Having difficulties, and you reached the maximum number of attempts? 

If a message informing you that you have reached the maximum number of attempts pops up, contact our Customer Service team: log into your Fizz account and simply click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner during our business hours.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin

Hi Clint,
    I just checked on my end and I can confirm that your situation was escalated for further investigation by our finance department.

Youwill be notified by us via email once a solution has been found bythem.

Thankyou very much for your understanding, patience and collaboration.

Havea good one!

Andrei

This discussion has been closed.