Internet Speed decreased dramatically

Panhead
Panhead Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a 120/20 plan but in the last 2 days my all speed tests show between 15 and 35 mbs/s on the download the uplosd speed is fine

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Are you checking your internet speed with a computer connected directly to the modem by ethernet cable?

Check that no one else at home is using the internet connection at the same time. If you are sharing the available download speed, you can see reduced speeds. For example, lf others at home are using 90 Mbps, then there will be just 30 Mbps leftover for you.

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Did you try to restart your routeur ? Remove the electricity plug for 10 seconds and put it back. when the lights are blue again, try again

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭

Hi Panhead

Have you tried restarting the modem?

You can also try a factory reset of your modem, thus resetting the modem to factory conditions, by pressing and holding in the small button on the back of the box with a paper clip for 10+ seconds. Then wait 3-4 minutes before trying. You will have to re-enter the codes shown on the modem initially.

If the problem continues, you can contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Did you download lots of data in the last days ? Fizz has a policy for the 120/20 plan in case that there are too much traffic and you download lots of data, they can temporarily decrease your download speed

• Panhead
    Panhead Posts: 3 ✭✭

No I dont download data I did many different speed tests and I am FAR from the 120 download speed I pay for sometimes I dont even get 30 . I shut down and restarted the modem and still very far from my 120mps

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hello Panhead 

I am sorry that you are experiencing this situation.
    After verifying your account, I see that you contacted us via chat to fix this issue.
    If you still experience a slow speed, please reach us back via chat or on social media to investigate it further.
    Check this FAQ for more manipulations you can try yourself: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster
    To reach us via chat, you can access the FAQ above, scroll down and click on the "?" bubble, after that click on chat and the specialized team will help you further.

I count on your kind understanding!
    Have a lovely day!
    Eugen

This discussion has been closed.