can I purchase a plan that will cover Cuba?

gus_needs_help
gus_needs_help Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello, I will be going to Cuba and need to have the ability to have data on my phone as the internet providers there are not reliable. Is there a plan available?

Best Answer

• Jyanne
    Jyanne Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You certainly can buy a travel add-on for $5 that will give you 1 Gb of mobile data to be used in Cuba.

Although Fizz does not offer a phone service per se in that zone, with this add-on you could use an app like Skype to call phone lines in Canada (including 1-800 numbers) for a few cents per minute (or you can buy an unlimited plan for about $4 CAD per month).

Make sure you bring the network settings information in case your phone doesn't configure itself automatically when you arrive at your destination. With the proper instructions, it is not so hard to fix. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

Also... get yourself a VPN, just in case... :-)

Hope this helps!

Answers

• Amélie2222
    Amélie2222 Posts: 13 ✭✭

There are plans that you can use in the USA but i dont know for Cuba!

• Isabelle_33424
    Isabelle_33424 Posts: 187 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

There are no add-ons for Cuba. Here's the answer from Fizz to another member:

Hello,

We don't have calls add-on for Cuba.

What I can suggest you is to use local Wi-Fi and a third party calling app, like facebook or messenger, while you will be on vacation.

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭

or redirect your cellphonecalls to a voip over Wifi....

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭

Hi @gus_needs_help

yes you can buy a travel addon for the data

3$ for 250M

4$ for 500M

5$ for 1G

or you can add money to your fizz’s wallet

Please check the compatibility of your phone, cuba is using the band 1 and some phone do not have it,

ps the data is 3G only in Cuba

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭

I’m not sure

This discussion has been closed.