Issues with speedtests after upgrading to the 120mpbs service

Petra
Petra Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello

We upgraded to the 120 mbps plan from our original 60mbps

it updated on my portal in the fizz account and i see the new speeds but when i do a speed test. i am still on the 60mbps.

I restarted the modem and still same issues. Is someone able to look into it from fizz?

thank you

Best Answer

• MTeasdale
    MTeasdale Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Make sure you test the speed while using a wired connection. Sometimes, the wifi limits your speed.

Answers

• Raqpha
    Raqpha Posts: 25 ✭✭

I have the same issue here, I upgraded to 120 mbps I was super excited to finally get some fast internet but even after my new billing cycle started I still get around 60 mbps sometimes 40 mbps, I tried contacting the support on the phone app and I'm still waiting for the chat bubble on the contact us website, I hope they fix this.

• Choco
    Choco Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same for me, It stated as of 27th I would switch over to the new plan. But alas still at 60/10

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

I think there are many bugs related to automated speed changes currently; it might magically start working 24-48h after but I wouldn't even wait and contact Fizz with FB or WhatsApp, they should be able to force-push the config change.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,084 admin

Hello Petra,

I am sorry for the situation. I see that you've managed to contact un in private, and my colleagues helped you further with this situation.

If you need anything else, we are here for you at: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Thank you for your patience. Have a great day!

-Adelina 

• Roberto P. #40022
    Roberto P. #40022 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Has a solution been identified for this? I am currently having the same issue...

I am running on a wired connection...

• Ella_F
    Ella_F Posts: 9 ✭✭

Have the exact same issue, I was told it could take a day to fully update.

• Amish P.
    Amish P. Posts: 21 ✭✭

This is 100% true, whoever disagreed should remove it.

All companies advertise the maximum speed through a wired connection, not wireless.

There are many factors that affect wireless speeds, placement, electronics surrounding the router, water, other networks on the same channels.

This is the reason why routers range from $20 to over $300. Using an ISP router is the most basic thing you can do, no offence fizz, their routers are quite good. However, do not expect the same speeds

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭

Like the previous comment mentioned. You need to test your speed with a wired connection as 2.4ghz wifi will not be able to give you 120mbps. 5.4ghz wifi should be able to but that depends on the number of devices connected at the same time.

• birramina
    birramina Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem here

This discussion has been closed.