Fizz pricing updated 🚩🎯

Idefizz
Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Welcome and join

June 4, 2021 📊 Fizz recently updated its pricing.

Mobile plans

Price per GB cellular offers , excluding basic-rates/SMS/calls/voicemail/coverage/...

•  1 GB ► $ 6 👌💞
  •  4 GB ► $ 11
  •  8 GB ► $ 16👌⚖️
  • 11 GB ► $ 21 ⚖️
  • 13 GB ► $ 26 ⚖️
  • 15 GB ► $ 31 ⚖️
  • 20 GB ► $ 46

The 2,3,5,12 and 14 GB plans are no longer offered with a new plan.

Residential Internet plans

•  10 Mbps ► $ 30
  •  15 Mbps ► $ 38 👌 upload at 10Mbps
  •  30 Mbps ► $ 45
  •  60 Mbps ► $ 50
  • 120 Mbps ► $ 50 👌⚖️ upload at 20Mbps (until July 15, 2021) 🤑
  • 200 Mbps ► $ 75

Mobile plan advices

Clich here to know how do I change your mobile plan

• ♻️ Your unused data is rolled over for up to 2 more months
  • 💞 you can receive data if you have also paid data
  • ⚖️ some ratios are better suited to others. It is debatable according to your needs but always respect your budget 👌
  • Gifting data gets you closer to getting your next hero badge (eg. gifting data to 1, 5, 10 or 25 friends)
  • Receiving SMS is always free and more and more people are texting on APPs.
  • Tips for using your data well

Residential internet Advices

Click here to know how do I change your internet plan

We often need less than we think and many choose a higher speed for their peace of mind.

• How to choose your speed
  • Use a reputable site to rigorously measure your current speed, for example
    • DLS Report
    • Fast.com
    • Several factors will influence your speed. It is important to know how to recognize them and subtract them if possible.
  • Optimize your choice
    • Wi-fi
    • Ideally, observe your bandwidth consumption over the past few months. Some personal routers can give you statistics. Other more expert solutions exist. Remember that you can change every month.

Best Answer

• Faelirya
    Faelirya Posts: 425 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Oh wow ! Thanks for the update !

Do you know how much was the 3 go? I'm wondering if it's the same price as now the 4go or if it changed

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

Thanks but i think this should be on the english forum :)

• Idefizz

The now-absent 3GB was 12$ which makes the 4GB attractive at 11$ for those who want to upgrade for less.

• Idefizz

How embarrassing, again 😅

I will hide under a rock until a @Whizz kindly moves it to the English part (the post, not the rock)  🙃💨

• Princessa
    Princessa Posts: 60 ✭✭

Merci!

• Princessa
    Princessa Posts: 60 ✭✭

Merci pour cette info :)

• Faelirya

Ahaha that made me laugh xD

Thanks for the answer ! It's fun to have more with less $

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

Kind of a bummer that there is nothing between 1GB and 4GB; right now I need almost nothing, but 2GB was kind of my sweet spot when I wasn`t working from home and 4GB would be wasteful for me especially with the data carry forward. I think giving people MORE options is the bette way to attract new customers, not restricting it. I'd totally get the 4GB however it could be shared between my two mobile plans, I know we can send data between each, but could be nice it if was just a common pool and/or if it could be attributed.

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

With upgrades of 500 and 250 (and now 5x1GB perks) even a 1GB data plan should still allow you to use 2GB a month.

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭

Most individuals could survive with 15/10 though gamers might find it slow for large downloads.

A family works with 30/10. I know one that did.

My preference would be for higher upload speeds (more symmetrical speeds) as this would give more headroom for Zooms.

4 people on zoom with 10Mbps upload is workable, but does not leave a lot of free space.

The biggest issue I see for smooth operation is QoS rules to control BufferBloat. The Fizz modem does not have this. If you have a lot of real time communications, you'll need to use bridge mode to your own router, ideally with fq_codel.

More info on BufferBloat, fq_codel, and how to test for speed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufferbloat

• Mohamad F.
    Mohamad F. Posts: 2 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happens to existing upgrades (rebates on residential internet) when the new pricing is applied for the 120 connection? The process of changing proce shows the "upgraded price" changed to teh new flat 50 which makes it seem as though you lose the upgrades altogether.

Of course I am very appreciative of Fizz improving pricing for everyone and it's certainly helpful across the board.

• Faelirya

You keep your rewards. You don't lose them. It'll be applied on the new plan

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

I think there is a glitch because I just got full pricing (which is still better than old price with rebate), just contacted Fizz a few minutes ago.

• Faelirya

You are not alone, it seems... Did Fizz say anything about the bug ?

• Luddy
    Luddy Posts: 194 ✭✭

Wow! Some great deals out there. Thanks for sharing.

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭

They seems like fair prices. Good job fizz

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭

Such good news, just saved 4$ on each of my mobile plans.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

merci

This discussion has been closed.