Anyone have issues connecting Roomba to their wifi

escristian
escristian Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

I had my roomba connected to my Asus router no problem. I got he fizz router and now it does not seem to work.

I changed the settings on fizz wifi to disable band steering so now I have 2.4 and 5 SSID. I am connected to the 2.4 one and it still doesn't seem to work.

I was able to put other devices on this router but roomba just doesn't want to (roomba model 675)

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You did what should be done (avoid band steering and have your device stick to the 2.4GHz signal).

The only 2 things I'd recommend are:

• make sure your Roomba forgets any SSID before connecting to your 2.4GHz
    • get back to your Asus router. Fizz router is average and your Asus is probably better, especially if it meets your security needs. This is a preferred way by many clients. The how-to is explained at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz

Answers

• Luddy
    Luddy Posts: 194 ✭✭

I agree with Idefizz. Use your Asus router. It will solve a lot of issues.

• escristian
    escristian Posts: 3 ✭✭

Ok I might give that a try. If I do I'll leave the 2.4 ssid of Asus router the same name of the fizz router so I don't have to redo all this setup of all the machines again.

Thanks (it's crazy how many things connect to wifi now)

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

If you keep the same SSID and password, you shouldn't have to reconfigure anything (that is what I did when I switched router myself). Unless your Asus router is an incredibly old thing that doesn't support WIFI 6 (AC) at all and only 2.4Ghz, definitely use your Asus router; if it IS an old deprecated thing you can use the Fizz one, but I'd suggest you start shopping for a new one depending on the size of your house or how many connected devices you have (smart lights and all), the Fizz router doesn't have the best of track record.

This discussion has been closed.