Can I change from 450 to 514?

DrStrygma
DrStrygma Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have a 450 number at the moment, and some systems I want to use have problems with that prefix and work better with a 514 or even a 438 number...

Is it possible for me to change only the prefix with no real impact on my internet plan?

Best Answer

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You cant just change the prefix but you can change the number to a new one with the same nomber, exept the prefix, if he is availlable.

Because there chance your number with another prefix is use by another person :) Prefix is part of the number you dont own all version of this nomber with all prefix only your number is reserved to you.

Answers

• okince
    okince Posts: 43 ✭✭

Yes it is possible but you will have to pay a fee for that change; nothing is free unfortunately ..

• okince
    okince Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

PS / Fizz has only 438 prefix number.

• DrStrygma

Thanks for the info, but it doesn’t really answer my question...

When I go to ”change this number ”, it only proposes me to change the number itself, not the prefix 😕

• DrStrygma

So, except if I move to Montreal, I can’t change my prefix manually, is that what I understand or I’m lost?

(If I can change my whole number to a 514 or 438, could I know how pretty please)

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Yep, as far as I know Fizz only has one prefix ( I am not 100% sure though)

@Whizz something for you!

• Jacques_Assert
    Jacques_Assert Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

You can order a number from voip.ms in the 514 zone (or anywhere else in North America) and then port that number to Fizz.

There will be a ~$25 charge to port out from voip.ms, but I know that it works. I've done it for a friend.

(I also have a referral code if you want).

There is a level of technical ability required that may preclude the typical user, but it's doable.

• FizzFanTim
    FizzFanTim Posts: 86 ✭✭

I commend you for wanting to get a 514 number. Avoid 438 as that is exclusively for people who need burner phones for illicit activities.

This discussion has been closed.