3 lines one account

Hubie
Hubie Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello,

I have 3 lines attached to one account. I want to change for Fizz. We want to keep our numbers. Can we do them one at a time but in one account. (I pay for all)

my contract end may 5th

my wife contract end may 9th

My son's contract ends in august

Best Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Okay, I am not 100% certain whether this is the case for Fizz too but when I moved from Rogers to Koodo 4 years ago, I could transfer my two numbers out, one by one. The old Rogers Account was closed once the last number had been transferred. When I moved to Fizz, I only ported one number.

I imagine Fizz would do something similar to. Since you have to activate a new simcard for every phone number, you will have to initiate a transfer three times.

One thing to keep in mind: Fizz currently support only Quebec Numbers and Ottawa Area Code phone numbers. So it won't be possible to transfer a 647 number for instance.

Hope that helps.

@Whizz please check.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,077 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Hubie,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

Yes, you can do that and also you can transfer all 3 phone numbers under the same Fizz account. 

In this case, you would need 3 Fizz SIM cards unto which to transfer said numbers.

Then, by using either the account numbers from your previous provider or the phone's IMEI numbers, transfer the numbers one at a time from Overview-> Get started-> Mobile-> Activate a new SIM card and choose the Transfer a number to Fizz when prompted with the option.

You can also see this and more in the link below:https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

Just repeat the process above 3 times and you're good to go.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

I believe you can yes, however if you get any "multi-service" rebate with your current provider, as soon as you move one out the whole rebate structure might bite the dust. By contract you mean you had an agreement related to a cell phone rebate (or something like that)? If so, you can always inquire what is the remainder of the contract (how much to pay if you just cancel) and weight any possible loss of "multi-service" rebate you currently get. If you have no such rebate, just move them one at a time, no brainer.

This discussion has been closed.