I changed my internet speed this saturday and it is not active yet.

mtanguay
mtanguay Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi,

I changed my internet speed this Saturday and it have not been upgraded yet. Why ? Is'nt it suppose to take 24 hours ?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @mtanguay

I have checked your account and speed, and I can tell you that the speed change was registered. You will need to restart your modem before doing a speed test.

If the speed is still not there for you, please reach out to our support department for more verification.

Have a good one.

-Bogdan

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

Yes its take 24h. But your account will continue to tell the old speed until your next cycle. Do you did a manual speed test from a wired computer ?

• mtanguay
    mtanguay Posts: 1 ✭✭

Nope the speed is still 31.9 download and 9.74 upload.

• Tommy V. #1175
    Tommy V. #1175 Posts: 28 ✭✭

Did you reboot your modem ?

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

Hi Mtanguay

Unless the procedure has changed recently, I believe you will have to wait until your plan renews for the plan change to be effective.

This is what Fizz states: You can change your plan at anytime by logging into your account. Although, the changes you make will only take effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle.

More info available here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-would-like-to-change-my-fizz-home-internet-plan-how-do-i-do-this

For any issues, you can Live Chat with customer support at any time:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open a Fizz help page such as the one listed above.

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

This discussion has been closed.