why they couldn't transfer I have this number for around 20 years

ayedbasel
ayedbasel Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2021 in My Mobile

2 days ago

Urgent: Choose a new phone number

Urgent! We were unable to transfer your phone number to Fizz: (***) ***- Please choose a new number or your plan will be cancelled on March 31, 2021.

Please choose a new number

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Ayedbasel,

First of all, welcome to Fizz!

You may check this FAQ from Fizz for possible reasons:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

If your number is eligible for transfer to Fizz mobile, you can contact Fizz support.

When contacting Fizz, make sure

1. Your account with your old provider must be active.

2. The number transfer is not blocked with your old supplier account.

3. To give Fizz the exact information from your old supplier account

- your full name on the account

- your account number (or IMEI of your phone)

While waiting for the transfer to complete, calls and texts to your number will continue to be sent to your old provider's SIM card until the transfer is complete. Once the transfer is complete, your old supplier account will close automatically close and the old SIM card will stop functioning.

You can contact customer support by chat:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca

2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.

3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Hello @ayedbasel

I presume your number to be a landline number, by its age. And Fizz does not transfers such numbers to their systems. Just like a VoIP number.

But there is hope in a 2-step approach:

1. ask your current service provider to transfer it to a mobile version of it themselves.
    2. once done, then you could have it transferred to Fizz (by Fizz this time).

I hope this helps, otherwise do not hesitate to provider further details (like the reason of the refusal) for us to help you better.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,808 admin

Hello ayedbasel,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    Please try contacting our support team for further assistance following the instructions Fizzy provided.

Have a great day,
    Alex

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

There is not much to add to what has already been said. Maybe reach out to your current provider and ask them what the problem is and how they categorise your number. As long as it is a Quebec or Ottawa number it should be transferrable.

Good luck :)

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

If its a landline number you have to convert it to mobile wuith your current provider Fizz dont transfert landline number.

Have a nice day :)

This discussion has been closed.