PC and Laptop wi-fi lost after inactivity

victor P. #24677
victor P. #24677 Posts: 27 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a major problem. After the PC get's to sleep or shut down (also my Laptop) when I open them again I cannot get connected to wifi anymore unless I reboot the modem. I use on both Win7 but the OS is not the problem

Please HELP ,

Best Answer

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Victor, if you are using the Wi-Fi from the Fizz modem, you can also make some adjustments to the Wi-Fi settings to improve performance.

These changes can be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:

1. Log in at: 192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.

2. Log in using the following information:

Username: cusadmin and your Wi-Fi password

3. Go to the next section to apply changes:

Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)

Also try changing the Wi-Fi channel:

A series of channels are available on each frequency (2.4 and 5 GHz) of your Wi-Fi modem. Interference can have an impact on these channels.

Manually changing the channels used for your Wi-Fi connection can improve your modem’s signal.

Wireless → General Settings → 5 GHz → Wireless channel

And also for 2.4 Ghz:

Wireless → General Settings → 2.4 GHz → Wireless channel

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

You can also contact Fizz customer support by chat:

1- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it

2- The green chat bubble with the ? should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.

3- Click on it, and select chat if available, or any other option

Answers

• Gacor
    Gacor Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there any problem with mobile (cell or tablet) ? If not, I think the problem is from you computer when he gets out of sleep...it takes time before the connection restart.

Look if you have the same problem with a mobile, it will tell us if the problem is from the modem or the computer.

• victor P. #24677

No problem with other OS like iOS, Android Box and the TV's. I never had a problem with Bell before, only with Fizz and this is in the last Two weeks and I have FIZZ for almost a year.

Both PC and Laptop they see my wifi but they cannot connect coming back with the error to troubleshoot the network card ....

• Fizzy

Hi Victor,

When this happens, you can try disabling Wi-fi on your computer/laptop and then re-enable it again.

According to what you wrote, this may resolve the issue instead of rebooting the modem.

• victor P. #24677

Never worked this way.

That's why I write here asking for help.

• victor P. #24677

Not working with disabling the card or wifi , not working with restart or shut down, only restart of the FIZZ modem and only in the last Two weeks, not before.

• victor P. #24677

Already did that few times Fizzy , nothing helped .

• Fizzy

Victor, are you connecting to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal?

There are 2 other things you can look at:

1. Was there an update made on these computers in the last 2 weeks? If so, then the update may be causing the issue.
    2. Otherwise make sure you are using the latest updates and drivers. Unfortunately Windows 7 is no longer supported.
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

If the fizz modem cause problem you should buy yoour own router : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz

Yes its cost money but, in the long run, you will save you many problem :)

This discussion has been closed.