overlapping contracts

Olivia
Olivia Posts: 1 ✭✭

I'm wondering what to do... I'm moving may 1st, but my roommates are moving june 1st, so we need to keep internet in both places. I was thinking of getting a new contract with a new router for the new place, and then maybe selling the old router... Should I make someone else create the account and order the router to take advantage of the referral, then cancel my account after the month? TIA

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

Hi Olivia,
    Thank you for reaching out to us.

In this scenario, I'd recommend you order a new Fizz Home Internet subscription at the new address a few days before May 1st when you'll move so the downtime without Internet access will be reduced as much as possible.
    In the meantime, until June 1st, your roommate can keep the subscription active at the old place and then, during the final payment cycle, you can order the cancellation of that plan and set the deactivation day for June 1st, when they will move out.
    After the cancellation order is completed for the plan at the old address you'll need to return the modem to us as presented here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-return-my-wi-fi-modem

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Well, Andrei was quick, as usual :)

I think those are the best steps you can follow! Remember: The Modem needs to be returned after your contract expires otherwise you get charged for it! Once you cancel the subscription, Fizz will provide you with all the steps necessary.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Yes, thanks StefanM, I forgot to mention that the modem needs to be returned within 15 days following the effective deactivation of that plan so no extra charge will be issued for the modem.

I appreciate the heads-up!

Andrei

This discussion has been closed.